Archinect
anchor

Portfolio/Resume Review

db1234

Any comments on the portfolio or resume are welcomed!  Both are in the link below.  I could also use some suggestions on how to shorten the amount of pages for schools requiring shorter portfolios, and make it more digital-friendly (this is the printed version meant to be read in spread format).  I am a recent BFA grad from NYU with a double major in urban design.  Thanks!

http://issuu.com/davidbrans/docs/david_portfolio_final

Dec 8, 15 2:03 pm
lourou

There are some great things in your portfolio! Here are some things I would consider!

1. Not a huge fan of the Times New Roman font. It may not be Times, but it's similar. Fonts like those are great for essays and papers. I would go with something a little less harsh like an Arial or Helvetica. Try it out and see what you think!

2. Love the use of white space, and the exploration drawings and models are awesome! The datums you're setting up are a little confusing though. The text seems to be floating in space and not aligned with some of the images you're showing.. I also think in some cases there's WAY too much text. Try to simply the typography a bit. Let your work (images/graphics) speak for themselves!

3. The oil paintings are AWESOME! The way you've laid them out is great! But again, the datums you're setting up are misleading/awkward. Either have the paintings center justified on all pages. Or even better, set up a constant size so that they all follow the same size and keep a consistent datum!

As a whole it looks great! 

Dec 8, 15 3:52 pm  · 
 · 
JJ9527

I kind of disagree with @lourou on the font; it totally depends on your preference of style. Your portfolio is very fine and clean in details, so I would think that the serif style font suits it well. However,the only thing i noticed is your resume used a different font...it might be your preference, but it's always good to have some consistency.

The arrangement of the text seems a bit weird too, like @lourou said, they are not really aligned... (page 1- 8).

Other than that, really good job!

Dec 8, 15 5:45 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: