Archinect
anchor

Final Portfolio Review

I would some feedback and more eyes to cross my portfolio before I send it off to graduate programs. I've spent a while compiling my undergraduate work and condensing it to a short and clear portfolio of work. Please let me know what you think! Any type of feedback would be greatly appreciated! Whether it's architecture/design related, graphics/layout, or if some of the typography isn't clear! It's pretty short and I'm only including three projects since the page limit for most schools are pretty low, ranging between 14-25 spread limits. Thanks! 

http://issuu.com/lourouu/docs/portfolio2016_page/1

Dec 8, 15 1:58 pm
Non Sequitur

41 pages!

Too long.... way too long with too much filler diagrams. Cut it down to a third.

Also, get rid of images/text centered on the gutter.

Dec 8, 15 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
db1234

Are you applying to M. Arch I or M. Arch II programs?  The graphics and layout look really good, I would just watch out for text and images starting and finishing in the gutter (center) of the page.  Also not sure if the sketches at the end are necessary, especially if you have another architectural project.  Otherwise looks great!

Dec 8, 15 2:07 pm  · 
 · 
lourou

Thanks guys!

@non sequitur : if I'm submitting a pdf of spreads, it would only be considered 20 spreads. They don't count the cover and table of contents either so that would then be only 18 spreads of design content. Also, if all my submissions are digital, would the center gutter problem still be a problem? 

@db1234 : I'll be applying to M. ARCH ll programs. I've actually received great comments on the sketches in the end, since they are architectural drawings/sketches I thought they were fun and relevant. But I'm still unsure if the decision of only including 3 projects might hurt me! Where are you applying? 

Dec 8, 15 3:46 pm  · 
 · 
international_applicant

Great job lourou!

I appreciate all the job done in there! I only worry about the small number of projects included. I myself tried to put everything together in a spread or two, except for my design diploma thesis, and gave the privilege (?) to have more projects. Still not sure what is for the best. I still do believe that with excellent work done, the admissions office will understand who should be admitted, even if you have 4, 10, 20 projects, loosely or crowded put together.

Where are you applying?

Dec 8, 15 4:45 pm  · 
 · 
lourou

Thanks @international_applicant !

I actually asked one of the portfolio reviewers for admissions at UVA about my decision to only include 3 projects, and what they would interpret from that. He told me it wouldn't be a big deal, as long as the content is rich and thorough, they're more interested in the process and explorations. Hopefully all the reviewers feel the same way!

I'm applying to a bunch of programs. Top three choices are UPenn, Berkeley, and UVA

Dec 8, 15 9:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: