Archinect
anchor

Some Questions

Dinaa

Hello, I am doing a school project and I would like to ask some questions about being an architect.

1. What is the process of designing a building?

2. How did you get into architecture?

3. What do you like/dislike about being an architect?

4. What are the skills needed to be an architect?

5. What non-mathematical skills are required to be successful in this career?

Sincerely,

Dina

Thank you!

Please reply before 11th December 2015!

Dec 8, 15 11:19 am
senjohnblutarsky

1.  Take 10 lbs of crap.  Shove into 5 lb bag.

2.  Age 9.  Playing with K'NEX set.  Decided it was a good idea.

3. Like: Making things for people.  Dislike:  Some of the people.

4. Rage Control.

5. In a way, math relates to most everything we do.  But, there are so many ways Architecture can be approached that saying a specific skill set is required is sort of incomplete.  Being an Architect requires knowing enough about everything to be able to communicate an idea to others. You don' t have to know everything, but you have to know something about everything, or know how to find out. And then there is the actual execution part. 

Dec 8, 15 11:35 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I have 5 questions for lazy highschool students

1. what's so hard about doing your own work?

2. can't you just call people instead of copy-pasting stranger's answers?

3. why so lazy?

4. see no.4

5. I wished they were allowed to fail students

Dec 8, 15 1:09 pm  · 
 · 
Zaina

I'll hint for archiwutm8 to answer that.. he'd cheer for lazy students and treat them as a gentleman not as an "asshole".. right? 

Dec 8, 15 1:25 pm  · 
 · 

1. What is the process of designing a building?

2. How did you get into architecture?

3. What do you like/dislike about being an architect?

4. What are the skills needed to be an architect?

5. What non-mathematical skills are required to be successful in this career?

Don't take anything in this response seriously. If you do, you are a MORON which probably means you qualify for this profession.

1. Leave it to the client to design the building. That is what it will become at the end because clients don't want your ideas only their own ideas because they are the real ARCHITECT because it is their money. You are just a drafting monkey to them. Oh wait.... I'm giving you the same shit response all these a$$-tards on the forum gives people like you all the time every day.

2. You got duped into a $150K or more student loans just so you can work 160 hours a week for $31.5K salary. That's because architecture school teaches you to be volunteer yourself 160+ hours a week to your boss for $31K salary. Do the math and you work for less than minimum wage. Oh wait, Architecture students can't do math otherwise they be engineers.

3. EVERYTHING. I am still contemplating whether it is a like or dislike or both. Yeah, it's a duality of love and hate.

4. BE A SLAVE.

5. Since you mentioned non-mathematical skills, you already qualify for making less money than you need to live on. Enjoy your Olympus Mons of debt that you will leave your children the burden of for the next 15 generations. Since you are a slave, just have the engineer do everything. They'll save your ass. That's what these a$$-tards claim on this forum.

Enjoy the most RIDICULOUS response you have ever read... written JUST for you.

Enjoy!

PS: If you take this response seriously, you are a MORON !!!!

Dec 9, 15 2:03 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

Zaina, Never said I disliked students or lazy students, I've only taken a dislike to you because your nasty attitude towards others, you denounce those you work with and those on a harmless forum as if we didn't do anything all day and only cared for "money" as you put it. Whilst you type up your heroic efforts, put on a show of your presumed skills and garner approval towards your apparent superior ideologies.

I'm not replying to anymore of your blatant butthurt.

Dec 9, 15 4:08 am  · 
 · 
Zaina

what the heck!! someone is just rancorous.. 

hey, that's why I hinted you to answer their questions.. look young man, no grudge..  

Dec 9, 15 4:32 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: