Archinect
anchor

Sci-Arc M.Arch Application Requirements?

Sameness

Hi all, 

I'm applying to a few schools right now and have thus compiled a portfolio that I'm fairly happy with, but I was surprised to see that Sci-Arc requires 15-35 individual works to be uploaded to slideroom. Since my portfolio completely describes and represents my past projects, I am loath to upload a simplified version of some projects that took me months to complete. How are others handling this? (I e-mailed the admissions office and they have yet to reply. The application is due the 15th.)

Thanks!

Dec 8, 15 11:18 am
ccarry

I called them with the same question. You may upload individual pdf pages as a portfolio layout. (that's what I did) Just make sure the pdf is formatted as a single page spread. 

Also I have found it is much more efficient to just call the admissions office. They are all very happy to help. 

Dec 8, 15 11:47 am  · 
 · 
JJ9527

How many pages is your portfolio? You could export them into 35 single pages and upload them on slideroom. That's what the school suggested to me...

Dec 8, 15 5:26 pm  · 
 · 
ccarry

Yes that is what I did. I think I had 28 pages

Dec 9, 15 2:03 pm  · 
 · 
meddle

loads of money and a very fast PC.

Dec 9, 15 8:41 pm  · 
 · 
ozdemirreda

I'm struggling for the same reason. In some pages it's written that it must be between 15-35 works, and others say that it has to be between 15-35 pages. I'm quite confused and still didn't get how to manage it. Could you explain it more in detail?

Thank you!

Jan 6, 17 8:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: