Archinect
anchor

Advice on rendering softwares/visualization softwares

Twinmotion Team

There are many rendering softwares and visualization softwares existing on the market. We cannot use one single tool for all the project of course, what  do you guy use as rendering tool? Vray for images, but it is very time consuming, sometime time for a project is very limited. Softwares like Twinmotion or Lumion or LumenRT can generates very fast images, anyone has used one of it already? 

And for visualization? I mean a walkthrough mode of your project, not simply a rendering images, what you do guys have as solution? I heard Twinmotion has now a stand alone player which is a executable file that even clients can open. Il seems Unreal Engine can do it too. Which one is easier or better? 

Wait for your advices! 

Dec 3, 15 11:26 am
Non Sequitur

Vray is only time consuming if you don't know how to efficiently build models. I often have to come to the rescue to others in my office after their "20-hour" rendering fails. Fools.

Lumion is too expensive per license and is nothing more than developer eye-candy for condo show-rooms.

Dec 3, 15 11:32 am  · 
 · 
chigurh

lumion graphically is hokey as shit - but in terms of speed, it buries the competition. 

Dec 3, 15 11:43 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

Corona renderer or the new Stingray look great for previz.

Dec 3, 15 11:49 am  · 
 · 
3tk

Lumion is nice - particularly nice plant palette.

V-Ray

3dMax

Just need to have the staff that can fully use them with speed to justify cost.

Dec 3, 15 2:11 pm  · 
 · 

Strata 3D,  very good for the dollars spent.  and a Mac app,  + windows.

Dec 5, 15 3:58 pm  · 
 · 
xx__

Tianxiao is a Twinmotion rep. But this software is great so no hard feelings \ o /

Dec 6, 15 2:37 am  · 
 · 
Twinmotion Team

@xx__ Haha, I'm a big fan of Twinmotion. Nobody use it here? 

Dec 7, 15 11:51 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

^nope.

Dec 7, 15 11:54 am  · 
 · 
Twinmotion Team

Well you should take a look then! (I'm a "big mouth"... I tell everybody around me whenever I find something good lol 

Dec 7, 15 12:01 pm  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

I just looked at it, and it looks very elementary, in what part of the whole process is this meant to fulfil?

Dec 7, 15 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
null pointer

It's shitty.

sticking to my maxwell/v-ray guns.

Dec 7, 15 2:48 pm  · 
 · 
Bench

Looks like a Lumion knock-off.

Dec 7, 15 2:50 pm  · 
 · 
Twinmotion Team

Well, Twinmotion is very innovative, you can’t compare it with Lumion or other tools, because we are not talking about rendering images or normal videos, but videos in 3D or videos compatible with Oculus Rift.

This TM2016 can now generate an executable stand-alone file which clients can walkthrough in the building with a joystick, and take the file with when they leave the bureau. I tried a sample from their website, it's good. I guess my client will enjoy too when I give them a pair of 3D glasses and a joystick for the presentation. 

Basically, generate an image is about less than 10s (of course, it depends on your computer too), then a video let’s say 10-20min (Time is money) Interface is user-friendly compared to other rendering tools.

In this new version, they have brought in Google topology and point cloud techno. It becomes better everytime they release an update. See the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL1eFi-tG9A 

Dec 8, 15 4:24 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

Lol, classic salesmen. The bait worked boys!

Dec 8, 15 4:46 am  · 
 · 
Anonymoose

@Tianxiao

How much is Twinmotion paying you for every post, shill?

Dec 8, 15 6:42 am  · 
 · 
Sam Apoc

Looks like V Ray has released a beta for Revit. Anybody tried it?

https://www.vray.com/vray-for-revit/

Dec 8, 15 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

^ I was all ready to give Vray for revit a run for it's money until I realized the Beta is only for Revit 15 & 16... I have 14 installed at the office.

Dec 8, 15 1:34 pm  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

I'll be trying it at the weekend, downloaded the hour it was released.

Dec 9, 15 8:00 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Archiwutm8, please check in with details.

Dec 9, 15 8:22 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

I will try, I will be trying it with the Sloane Model that autodesk released > http://projectsoane.com/

Dec 9, 15 9:02 am  · 
 · 
mrkonstantine

TwinMotion is the best visualisation tool an Architect can wish for.

Now it was bought by Epic Games, so it wil use Unreal Engine;

RayTracing si the future.

Jul 23, 19 4:21 am  · 
 · 
Liz_Lf

I don't personally work in rendering myself, as admin, but the team that works on our renders uses 3Dsmax for best photo realism, I hear the other ones can have their own pros though such as accuracy of geometry or ease of use for those who aren't formally trained. 

Jul 24, 19 11:13 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: