Archinect
anchor

Hello, need some advices on softwares

banberka

Hello archinect users, i am an architecture student that is studying at first grade, my school is using the traditional ways to teach us about the architectural design but as a computer lover i always been i also want to learn computer aided design and rendering softwares but as you all know from your college years i am already pretty busy with my lectures, homeworks and lessons etc. hence i currently have time to only learn a single software so i want to learn the most important one. I checked for employment requirements, most firms want their employees to know autocad, photoshop, revit, sketchup etc. but i am not sure about which one to learn first, hence i am asking to you experienced ones, which software should i learn first and how good should i be able to use it ? (Also it would be great if you can summarize where and when will i be needing these softwares.) 

Nov 29, 15 4:22 pm
greatescape

Draw by hand.

Get really good at it,

Then continue drawing by hand,

Then take it from there to maybe 

some form of lame software that ends with Cad.

Nov 29, 15 7:46 pm  · 
 · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

^ Pay no attention to the trust fund baby.

Learn all of the softwares, you'll be using all of them in some capacity. Then, when the new ones come out, learn them too. This isn't part-time job, this is full-time, and requires your daily attention to educating yourself.

Nov 29, 15 10:58 pm  · 
 · 
Twinmotion Team

Honesly as b2tadine said, all these software that you have mentionned are important. Photoshop you will need in every occasion anyway, and Revit or Sketchup they are the most used modeling tool too. Maybe in the future you will say that you prefer Revit rather than Sketchup, but that based on your knowledge on both of these software. 

And there are many other software simple to use and cool as Twinmotion. It's a real time visualization software that you will need one day to visualize your revit or sketchup or cad model. It generates walkthrough videos, images and stand alone mode files that most of clients today are happy to see. 

Dec 3, 15 9:19 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

Just learn AutoCAD and Revit for ease of employment sake.

Dec 3, 15 9:26 am  · 
 · 
Zaina

once you learn these programs, it will limit your imagination and thinking process.. focus on physical modeling techniques, improve your hand rendering techniques with the graphite pencils and learn fun stuffs like caricature drawings for example or anything you find interesting.. 

software are just easy to learn and boring to work with.. it'll take you 3 days to get familiar with the interface of Revit and start to work with it smoothly.. AutoCad is the same, you just need to memorize the commands.. and sketchup.. for real kids can use it.... I would suggest you not to learn any computer progeame until you 3rd year when you start working on big projects for the sake of speed... but if you really insist, start with Revit

Dec 3, 15 11:30 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: