Archinect
anchor

Agreement Form between Architect/Engineer

tkdc

We are considering a taking on a new house, built with Federal monies (HPD for a Sandy Hurricane Rebuild) 

Pretty straightforward details; using FEMA guidelines; cooperative Client.

There is a high liability required by HPD, ($1 M).

We have a good relationship with an engineer, and have approached him to consider partnering up, where we do the Design, Construction, Administration, Licensing. He will provide the Engineering and liability.

Question- has anyone done an arrangement similar to this? How was it constructed? Compensation?  AIA Forms? Small Project. Federally Funded. 

Any thoughts are welcome.

Nov 23, 15 10:57 am
null pointer

1. 1M is not a "high liability". You should be carrying at least twice as much if you're doing small residential work.

2. Why the fuck do you need an engineer to partner with you? Have you ever worked in the area that was affected by Sandy? NO ONE DOES THIS HERE. Owner contracts the engineer, you coordinate, he keeps his insurance, you keep yours. If 1M worth of insurance breaks your spreadsheet, you shouldn't be doing this project or there's something you're not telling us.

Nov 23, 15 11:07 am  · 
 · 
Volunteer

How could he engineer be liable for your mistakes?

Nov 23, 15 12:10 pm  · 
 · 

Is ebet licensed where the project is located?

I understand the effected area from Hurricane Sandy encompasses multiple states. I am not sure which state this would be located in but in many states, you don't need a license for SFRs and some MFRs up to a certain size but I don't see enough info to be certain.

Nov 23, 15 1:07 pm  · 
 · 
null pointer

1. Balkins, STFU. Not fucking relevant.

2. Volunteer, insurance companies offer project-specific insurance (ARE question, bruh), but for something small like this, most wouldn't bother.

Nov 23, 15 1:40 pm  · 
 · 

null pointer:

1. It could be in answering your question. It's to help understand location and legal context that maybe at place. That might be why he has the engineer and needs it and might explain the liability somehow. It could be non-relevant but I ask to verify the context of the matter.

I do agree that is doesn't directly answer the OP's questions whatsoever. 

Nov 23, 15 1:49 pm  · 
 · 
null pointer

oh shut the fuck up, stop trying to derail shit.

Nov 23, 15 2:09 pm  · 
 · 

Stop going bonkers ape shit or shall we call you monkey boy. 

Now, a simple answer to that is indicate what state this project is located and a simple Yes or no to whether the person is licensed there. I suspect that if this is New York or New Jersey, there is probably a good reason for their to be a need of the engineer if the OP is not licensed.

If it is another state, then we just literally move on the discussion. If it is like New Jersey, then it answers the damn question and the discussion moves on.

90% of the time, derailing happens when people like yourself goes ape shit bonkers in over-reacting to my own posts.

If you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything. Have you heard of that? If so, start practicing it. Then we have more civility. Otherwise, I will DELIBERATELY derail and piss off every thread and do so until you are driven to suicidal tendency. Do you really want that? No.

DON'T BOTHER REPLYING TO THE ABOVE null pointer or anyone else on some derail point. 

Here is how easy to re-rail the discussion back on track:

ebet wrote:

We are considering a taking on a new house, built with Federal monies (HPD for a Sandy Hurricane Rebuild) 

We have a good relationship with an engineer, and have approached him to consider partnering up, where we do the Design, Construction, Administration, Licensing. He will provide the Engineering and liability.

Question- has anyone done an arrangement similar to this? How was it constructed? Compensation?  AIA Forms? Small Project. Federally Funded. 

Nov 23, 15 2:29 pm  · 
 · 
null pointer

you little fucktard, HPD = NYC

seriously, shut up. you're embarrassing.

Nov 23, 15 2:40 pm  · 
 · 

I'm don't give a fuck about every overused alphabet soup. NYC... NYS okay.

I suspected it is in the NYC vicinity. The state law would require a licensed design professional for the residential projects so therefore that half of the question is answered. 

Now, is ebet licensed? Yes or No......

That's the other half of the question. If Yes, then it is about distributing liability. If no, it is because he needs a licensed design professional. I don't know ebet. Therefore, if ebet is licensed then we know the obvious answer which makes your own question in the first place, kind of ridiculous to ask as you already know the answer. Maybe he is partnering with the engineer for purpose of continuous working relationship with the engineer on the project that may involve multiple buildings.

If he is not licensed, we know the obvious reason.

Move on....

ebet wrote:

Nov 23, 15 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
null pointer

No no no, you idiot, HPD isn't NYS. It's NYC. City agencies are city agencies. You can complain about alphabet soups all you want but you're a moron. You "suspected", whenever you suspect, you should shut up.

Nov 23, 15 3:25 pm  · 
 · 

null pointer,

NYS laws... as far as licensing law is concerned. NYC as in the city but never mind. I wasn't clear in what I meant by that. I wasn't clear about the multiple layers of laws I am looking at in my head. I got that it is in NYC in NYS.

City agency but NYS laws and licensing laws applies on top of whatever NYC laws has. 

MOVE ON, now. The question: Is ebet licensed in NYS? (NYC doesn't have their own architectural licensing board)

Nov 23, 15 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
null pointer

No that is not the question.

This is why you couldn't finish college.

Nov 23, 15 3:38 pm  · 
 · 

I asked this question already @ Nov 23, 15 1:07 pm

A ONE WORD ANSWER OF YES OR NO IS THE ONLY ANSWER NEEDED FOR THIS QUESTION !!!!

I didn't finish college for other reasons. I have more college than most of you, anyway. 

If the question is irrelevant.... fine. MOVE THE FUCK ON, you redonkulous ASS !!!!

Nov 23, 15 3:43 pm  · 
 · 
poop876

Balkins,

DO YOU EVER JUST THINK ABOUT THE SHIT YOU SAY, AND THINK UH, WELL I SHOULD DEFINITELY KILL MYSELF? – THE VICIOUS KIND 

Nov 23, 15 5:10 pm  · 
 · 

poop876....

*PLONK*

Nov 23, 15 5:13 pm  · 
 · 
greatescape

*Grabs Popcorn*

Nov 23, 15 5:21 pm  · 
 · 
tkdc

Never mind.

This is so sad.

Nov 24, 15 10:24 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

This is just beautiful... Balkins, starting, then stopping college several times does add up to a degree... stop trying to use this as your crutch.

I was interested in where this was going, but the Ol'cranky Dick Balkins went ahead and stepped all over this.

Nov 24, 15 11:01 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: