Archinect
anchor

MIT MCP Portfolio Review

Narcus

Hi guys,

This is a portfolio made in excessive hurry last year; below are the things I am going to improve/keep same, please let me know if you have more inputs. I wouldn't say graphic design is my biggest forte', but please let me know how should I make the portfolio more appealing. 

I have projects in robotic design / digital fabrication / urban design and installations and I can't seem to omit any of those for admissions. 

Note: Also going to use this for media labs.

Please let me know if you think there is some project which needs to be removed and is doing nothing good for me.

http://issuu.com/aniruddhjain/docs/aniruddh_jain_portfolio_2015_low

And also chances? GRE 323, GPA 3.45, Institute Medalist.

Nov 23, 15 2:17 am
thompson's gazelle

You either need more pages or less images. most of your pages are so packed. Not sure about unnecessary projects, but you sure do have a lot of unnecessary images. Set up an organizing grid for your page (or simply imitate one from your favorite architecture book) and try to have some consistent system of hierarchy in your pages.

Nov 23, 15 4:44 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

I agree with gazelle, its very packed. It feels as if the rendering and image styles don't match up with the colours you used for the pages, some images are way too overcrowded and too much going on. Although one or two pages seem fine others I would frown upon.

I would get rid of some of the renderings you've done and redo them using a different style or learn to photoshop/render.

Nov 23, 15 4:57 am  · 
 · 

Your most successful spread is page 25-26. Very clean, easy to read and understand. You should apply that to the entire portfolio. There is a place for showing studies but when there are pages and pages of small, difficult to read imagery, it becomes a chore to go through.

Good luck!

Nov 23, 15 10:48 am  · 
 · 
Narcus

Thanks! 

Anything about the saffron design?

Or about the projects and their relevance to Masters in City Planning?

Ill try to decongest the portfolio. 

Nov 23, 15 11:14 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: