Archinect
anchor

I went to Church today...

wurdan freo

Seriously... I was lifted up by the beauty of this place... as if the holy spirit was walking with me in and out of these aisles... and this was playing while I was walking through.

https://youtu.be/HWWSUmqvviQ

Hard to tell the scale, but the tall slab in the first picture is probably 10'-12'.

Nov 21, 15 10:21 pm
b3tadine[sutures]

Good looking stuff. I think I see Jesus in one of those pieces.

Nov 21, 15 11:08 pm  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

I think I understand why he was a carpenter... 

Nov 21, 15 11:13 pm  · 
 · 
natematt

D:

Where is this?

Nov 22, 15 2:39 am  · 
 · 

You trying to give me a woody?

Nov 22, 15 9:21 am  · 
 · 

Note that the wood seen here is typicaly trashed in the mechanized luber process this is sustainable in that it is diverting wonderfull pieces from the wood chipper or somone's fire place. Sometimes the best stuff is in the discards not the fine finished product.

Nov 22, 15 12:05 pm  · 
 · 
I figured this topic was going to be something like this or a pilgrimage to a Mid-Century Modern church masterpiece.
Nov 22, 15 1:53 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

the true church of the architect.

Frank Lloyd Wright, was new age 100 years before his time...

Nov 22, 15 4:42 pm  · 
 · 
null pointer

fuck, i can see furniture.

tons of fucking beautiful furniture.

Nov 22, 15 6:10 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

I went all Nakashima at first but then this artist I met the other night came to mind

Guy Nelson /\

Nov 22, 15 6:18 pm  · 
 · 
snooker-doodle-dandy

I have a friend who deals in old growth recycled wood.  He has what he calls his, "Wall of Wood."  It is made up of what he considers the best pieces of wood he has salvaged over the last thirty years. 

He has some amazing planks of wood that have come out of none other than old chicken coops.  He claims the chicken shit causes it to age differently.

Nov 22, 15 7:11 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

Helped a friend take apart and move s chicken coop about 3 weeks ago. Turns out chicken shit smells like shit

Nov 23, 15 9:17 pm  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

http://www.cswoods.com/

bought a bunch of claro walnut for a new bureau my wife will be making 

Nov 24, 15 1:01 am  · 
 · 

Nice. Around here that's $30/bf

Nov 24, 15 1:33 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: