Archinect
anchor

Portfolio critique for revision

JMK1

Hello,

A few events recently have meant that a good amount of digital work has been lost and I will have to redo everything to be able to edit my portfolio. So I am getting back on my horse and would like some feedback. It's been awhile since I sat in a critique anyway so I guess it's time for a lumping. "The Table of Contents scanned in last by mistake, working on that" Also, thinking about getting rid of the page numbers and using the Golden Ration instead?

I am planning to apply to a MArch program and continue on in life, my back ground is A BFA- Historic Preservation from Savannah College of Art and Design. I hope to revamp my portfolio with some updated work as well, specifically "woodworking" with my last three tables. I"m also contemplating more building sketches that I am currently working on. 

Any insight, constructive criticism would be much appreciated 

My portfolio as "DRAFT"

My Website "AS IS"

Thank you all in advance

Cheers

Nov 20, 15 2:04 pm
Zaina

well, it is beautiful the work you did, but the presentation is terrible... also, I feel that you don't really have a background in architecture or historic preservation from a college of art and design.. maybe "craftsmanship" Idk

Nov 20, 15 4:03 pm  · 
 · 
JMK1

Thank you Zaina for the comment. I know, I was hoping it wasn't sooo bad that I couldn't use it for a base, the only reason I even have that is because I printed it out a while ago. 

A complete overhaul is in order. 

yea unfortunately, BFA HP from SCAD 03, Lacoste 02 

Nov 20, 15 5:41 pm  · 
 · 
enotnough

Hi there! Here are some comments I have:

-Is there a 10 page limit to the schools you are applying to? I think your portfolio would definitely benefit from having fewer/larger images on each page. 

-I would take out the definitions - I don't think they add much, and the people on the admissions committee already know what Drawing,Painting,etc. mean...

-There is not a clear sense of organization in terms of image size and placement in your portfolio. It looks kind of like you just tried to fit everything in on each page. I think that having neat, thoughtful, well-designed layouts can go a long way. 

Good luck!

Nov 20, 15 6:38 pm  · 
 · 
Anonymoose

@ambas

I fucking hope that's a joke. Either that, or you're really fucking stupid.

Nov 21, 15 9:22 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: