Archinect
anchor

Architecture sortwares?

prashanthrk07

Hi...I am an a 5th semester architecture student from India. I have learned photoshop autocad and sketchup till now. I have seen about the BIM training session and applied. They told me that after the training I would be given summer internship in that firm. I applied for another internship in Landscape based firm and it was approved. Now my problem is which one to take??? Is it early to learn BIM in third year itself. Or should I learn 3ds max and other softwares? Plzz reply

Nov 19, 15 6:45 pm

BIM is also a great software to learn with, especially if you want to enhance your architectural designing and modeling skills. 3DS Max is mainly used for rendering your models. It usually depends on your requirement and the skills you want to enhance/learn. You can read this link to know more about the pros and cons of the two software. 

Nov 19, 15 7:27 pm  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

Depends on what path you take in your architectural career, most architects don't use either... some specialize in one of them when they start working in their respected studios. Most I know either only use AutoCAD or know a little Revit. Don't worry about software and worry about learning about design.

Nov 20, 15 3:57 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: