Archinect
anchor

You know, the Republicans are sort of right on taxes...

geezertect

if a rich person got caught owing tens of thousands in back taxes and penalties. they could just sell a home or car and pay the tax bill, or hire a consultant to fight or delay it or otherwise pull strings to get it to dissappear.

Or hire a team of tax lawyers and duke it out for years.  Or better yet, buy a couple of politicians to run interference for them.

Nov 19, 15 7:40 am  · 
 · 

I'm not top 1%, but I'm definitely on the richer end.

Nov 19, 15 9:38 am  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

what's going on in north dakota?

Nov 19, 15 9:52 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

there was an oil boom with the whole fracking thing.  that's probably already dropped quite a bit.

Nov 19, 15 9:52 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Hey, everyone should post their tax returns for the past few years, wouldn't that be a hoot? My income has swung dramatically going from a salaried employee to unemployed to part time to self employed with some years making good amounts. My yearly income now fluctuates in an amount greater than my yearly salary  as an employee just a few years ago. It would be fun to graph income, taxes, benefits, deductions all on one and compare, to see the data.

Nov 19, 15 11:44 am  · 
 · 

I think we should all publish our high school transcripts instead. 

Land yearbook pictures. 

Nov 19, 15 2:34 pm  · 
 · 
ivorykeyboard

How the hell is OP a small business owner who doesn't understand how taxes work? 

If you make $50,000 in taxable income, then $7,550 is taxed at 10%, $23,100 is taxed at 15%, and the rest, $19,350, is taxed at 25%

If you make 150k a year, it's not all taxed at 25%. If anything, my single unwed self is getting screwed over more than you... i'm taxed at the same bracket. 

Nov 19, 15 4:26 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

Is there still a marriage penalty?

Nov 19, 15 7:27 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

I only know my tax preparer had a line towards the bottom with our effective tax rate, around 15%

Nov 19, 15 7:31 pm  · 
 · 
greatescape

Speaking of "oil booms", that has made me plently of money doing business in Architecture.

Nov 28, 15 3:48 pm  · 
 · 

I only know my tax preparer had a line towards the bottom with our effective tax rate, around 15%

You need a better preparer. Mitt Romney paid 11% on $250m.

Nov 28, 15 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

I would like to take this opportunity to be as professional and civil as possible, and tell WDW to fuck the fuck off, you whiny, entitled, asshole.

You've chosen to have kids. You've chosen to be self-employed. You've chosen to be a two-income household. YOU'RE SAVING $25k A YEAR FOR RETIREMENT.  

Get a grip. You're wealthy by any standard, certainly in the top 2 or 3%. There's just so much wrong with your complaints that I don't even know where to start.

Nov 28, 15 7:35 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

retirement is for pussies.

Nov 28, 15 8:02 pm  · 
 · 

Like I said before, money makes people stupid.

Nov 28, 15 8:07 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

hold on, i am smart miles. instead of buying healthy food i go cheap at wally world and buy cancer filled food so i can save and hsve retirement money to pay my docs for the copays on me cancer treatment....schmucks

Nov 28, 15 8:13 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: