Archinect
anchor

Exams

bowling_ball

Wrote all 4 required licensure exams over the past two days.  Was not easy - congrats to all of my fellow Canucks who did the same.

Now, to finish this fine beer and then to sleep!

Nov 3, 15 10:41 pm
citizen

Well done, b_b.  Good luck, and get some rest...

Nov 4, 15 12:38 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Woot,

Hopefully there was more than one fine beer last night.

Nov 4, 15 8:37 am  · 
 · 

Yay! Good luck, bowling_ball!

Nov 4, 15 9:18 am  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

Non Sequitur, it was more than a couple but when you haven't been socializing in a couple months, they hit you that much harder. Now we just have to wait until spring to hear the results. Patience.

Nov 4, 15 11:43 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Spring? I had my results early February... You might get an answer faster than you think.

Nov 4, 15 11:46 am  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

Sorry, yes February you're right. I guess that's a little sooner than spring but it still can't come soon enough!

Nov 4, 15 6:47 pm  · 
 · 
Bench

Congrats BB! Im about 15% through IAP now, though Im not in any rush to finish Exacs. Im curious - I seem to recall that you either went to school in the states or worked there, while finishing your hours? How have you found that in terms of transplanting between the two countries?

Nov 5, 15 12:19 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

Nope, haven't worked in the US.  After moving around this country over the last 15 years, I'm giving my current city a shot. My brother moved to SF about 6 months ago, I'd like to visit him sooner than later.

Good luck with everything Bench. You'll be finished your hours sooner than you think.

Nov 5, 15 10:06 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

Posterity update: Received letter in the mail today declaring that I've passed all exams, my con ed hours are up to date, and I have logged all of my required IAP hours. 

All that's left to do is sign some paperwork, pay the membership fee, and I can call myself an architect (finally).

On a side note, I joined archinect in 2005 (seriously, over 10 years ago! WTF) in search of information.  Some of you were around these boards back then, and I totally blame you for not discouraging me more than you did :p  So thanks, Archinect.

Feb 16, 16 1:54 am  · 
 · 
citizen

Hear, hear.  Time to add another architect to the ranks.  Of course this means that, somewhere, a contractor has to die...

Feb 16, 16 2:32 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Congrats bowling ball. Which province will you licensed in?
Feb 16, 16 8:13 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

congrats BB!

Feb 16, 16 9:20 am  · 
 · 

Congrats!

Feb 16, 16 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

congrats!

Feb 16, 16 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
3tk

hip hip hooray!  congrats!

Feb 16, 16 3:04 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

Aww, thanks, all. We can all shit on this profession from time to time, but if you knew my background, you'd understand why I'm humbly proud. Non Sequitur - will be in MB. About 20 of us wrote this round.

Feb 16, 16 9:22 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

^ah, good old Manitoba. I have a good friend who tried his hand at working in Winnipeg but did not last long, and it was not due to the winters. Seems like a tough market and not enough fresh bodies to fill up the ranks. Enjoy your new credentials.

Cheers from ON.

Feb 17, 16 7:27 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: