Archinect
anchor

Portfolio Help!!

kokil

hey, I am applying for masters in urban design for this fall semester. I have a five year bachelors degree in architecture from India. I am consolidating my projects for the portfolio and can anyone help me with what the universities are looking for in a portfolio for Urban Design? like the type of projects?

I have researched a lot in Issuu, and I can't fins specific portfolio for Urban Design.

plzzzzz help!

Nov 2, 15 2:50 pm
thompson's gazelle

It's essentially the same with a M.arch II portfolio--Architecture+Art. Collect and formatt your best projects. The only difference would be the essay part unless the schools you're applying to have other specific requirements.

Nov 2, 15 7:34 pm  · 
 · 
alrightalright

i googled "urban portfolio" on issuu, found this in about 4 seconds.

http://issuu.com/iainstevensonurbandesign/docs/portfolio

there are plenty more.

Nov 2, 15 7:51 pm  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines

The lazy is strong here.

Nov 3, 15 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

... what the universities are looking for? Like... all of them? Care to at least specify a hemisphere to narrow the search down?

the lazy is strong indeed.

Nov 3, 15 12:28 pm  · 
 · 
no_form
Non Sequitor, you should know better. It's Yale, Harvard, MIT, and Columbia. Duh!
Nov 3, 15 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
no_form
Also she will need inside information on how to get in. Like, is there an application?
Nov 3, 15 3:15 pm  · 
 · 
kokil

@alrightalright, the portfolio which you suggested are from students who have completed there urban design, not applying for it. I have been trough them already. but thank you. 

Nov 3, 15 3:37 pm  · 
 · 
kokil

@ no_form, you got it right! I am focusing on MIT, UCB, COLUMBIA & SCI-ARCH. There is nothing specific given in application form just that show your best work.

the thing is I have done a lot of projects spread across every field - commercial projects, landscaping, residential, resorts etc.

I just want to narrow down which category of projects would b best.  

Nov 3, 15 3:43 pm  · 
 · 
no_form

"There is nothing specific given in application form just that show your best work."  

This will be your biggest challenge if you go to school in America.  Nearly every international student I've met from South and East Asia panics because they are being asked to make decisions with no correct answer, save for the instructors criteria that they be imaginative and critical.   

Nov 3, 15 3:48 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

There is nothing specific given in application form just that show your best work.

show your best work.

My advice is that you decide which of your projects represent your goals best, and include them.

Nov 3, 15 4:27 pm  · 
 · 
alrightalright

second to no_form..

there are no answers to show YOUR best work; it is yours and personal.

Nov 5, 15 3:00 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: