Archinect
anchor

Definitive Rhino + Revit resource

Bench

Im curious if anyone out there has found a sole-source / comprehensive resource for improving workflow between Rhino and Revit in both directions?

I've found little scrapped-together, singular tutorials for specific small operations, but I'd love to find a whole set of tutorials that could give an overall understanding for working between the two, so as to introduce it into our workflow as a full strategy. Im thinking along the lines of a Lynda.com course (because unfortunately, they currently don't have one).

Any direction is much appreciated.

Oct 31, 15 3:34 pm
archiwutm8

Bench do you have any resources that you'd be willing to share? For general learning parametric programming, computing, digital fabrication, Grasshopper, Python or anything similar.

Jul 27, 16 5:53 pm  · 
 · 
Dangermouse

https://generativelandscapes.wordpress.com/index-of-examples/

is one of the better grasshopper sites out there

Jul 27, 16 6:21 pm  · 
 · 
Bench

^ ^ Those look really promising; I plan to peruse them.

Archiwutm:
It takes quite a while to be able to start using it in a bilable way, but is a great set of tools to use once you have figured it out. I advocate that it takes diligent and direct study to fully understand. I am fortunate enough that my office recognizes its use and encourages its application when needed - we could not do our projects without GH and DY.

I started out reading both of Arturo Tedeschi's books, "Parametric Architecture with Grasshopper" and "Algorithm-Aided Design". The first is mostly out-of-date at this point, but the principles it teaches are still relevant - however these are covered in the second as well, which is much more applicable. I would highly recommend AAD, you can get it on Amazon in the uk. Further, Woodbury's "Fundamentals of Parametric Design" is a really good resource for all things related to it in broader, principled sense (not directly associated with any 1 software).

Once the basics are down, I recommend finding sets of high-level tutorials and forcing your way through them. Even if you don't understand everything that is happening, if you can follow along at your own pace they can give a really good example of the breadth of operations available to you. For this I especially liked Studio AIR in Melbourne - you can find them on Vimeo. The point being that you can just be taken along on the ride and have your perspective broadened extensively. From there you can find tons of tutorials online.

I'm currently trying to learn a deeper understanding of scripting/coding. For that I have been using Lynda.com - they have the largest/highest-quality tutorials for this imo. For a more architectural-related supplement I am also using the ones given on Designalyze.com. I see an interesting market point in data-driven design and want to pursue this route, and I find these tools to be the best way to pursue that.

Jul 30, 16 4:45 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

Thank you for the advice, I was learning Dynamo before leaving my recent employment but hopefully I can get back into it.

Jul 30, 16 5:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: