Archinect
anchor

Portfolio Help

wolf3351

Soon I will be graduating from university and I have begun my job search. The first step, of course, is to send out my portfolio. So I was hoping to get some help from you all on what makes a portfolio good. How many projects should I include? Should I put my CV in my portfolio or send it separately? How many pages should the portfolio be? Should I add my non-architecture work (such as hand sketches, graphic design work, and artwork)?  

Any info will help, since I currently feel like finding a job is an insurmountable task. Also, if you have any particular portfolio that you know of that works well, I would love to look it over and take notes.

Please also note that I only have student work, and have not interned anywhere, so any tips on how to present myself best (since I have no work experience) is also appreciated.

Oct 24, 15 10:16 am
no_form
Wolf, you should change your name to lamb. You should talk to your professors about getting references, attend the school job fair, call alumni, get a phone book and call local offices.

Your portfolio should have three projects at most. Make sure they are logical and that you can explain them without jargon. Show some process work and that you can draft a plan and section. Lastly add one or two personal things like a nice hand drawing or cool furniture piece you made.

Good luck.
Oct 25, 15 10:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: