Archinect
anchor

toy story bonnie house style

Hi people !

My little boy was watching toy story partysaurus cartoon and i noticed a very nice house there

Who can give me more information about what type of plan is it?what architectural style is it?

Oct 23, 15 2:32 pm
curtkram

bungalow?

Oct 23, 15 2:39 pm  · 
 · 
JeromeS

I second that emotion.

Oct 23, 15 2:46 pm  · 
 · 
sasko2236

thanks for responses may be there is some body who can point a direction where can i find plans to reproduce such a house. 

Oct 23, 15 2:57 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

^ hire an architect

Oct 23, 15 3:11 pm  · 
 · 

Yep, hire an architect.

Oct 23, 15 3:15 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

library of congress

Oct 23, 15 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
sasko2236

thanks for the tips. 

i am planing to reproduce such a house as a structural engineer  using developments of our grandfathers. so what i looking for is a few simple old blueprint  plans and facades with some dimensions.

Also it is just very interesting architectural style and i really love it.

so i m hungry to fulfill my interest by reproduce one 

Oct 23, 15 4:03 pm  · 
 · 
sasko2236

library of congress really help 

http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/ga0405.photos.056217p/resource/

Oct 23, 15 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
Volunteer

Some of the old Sears house plans are dead ringers. Just google 'sears house plans' and take your pick.

Oct 23, 15 4:35 pm  · 
 · 
sasko2236

thanks volunteer

sears catalogs 1916-1940 are  already under my investigation 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sears_Catalog_Home

Oct 23, 15 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
sasko2236

not the same but looks similar

https://archive.org/stream/HonorBiltModernHomes/HonorBuiltModernHomes0001#page/n71/mode/1up

Oct 23, 15 5:21 pm  · 
 · 
no_form
Bait and switch. Liked a house in kids cartoon. Gets free information. Oh by the way I'm an engineer and developer and will be using it to make a ton of cash. Thanks suckers!
Oct 24, 15 3:46 pm  · 
 · 
sasko2236

Bait and switch. Liked a house in kids cartoon. Gets free information. Oh by the way I'm an engineer and developer and will be using it to make a ton of cash. Thanks suckers! 

i see architects are greedy

may be(this is in an ideal situation there is still much work to do even using free drawings from the library of congress) .  primary point is my interest in bungalow architectural style that i never met before.

it nice. 

Oct 24, 15 4:24 pm  · 
 · 

Wait, is it greedier to ask for free help, and then get snippy when it's given? Or to give that help while explaining that it's not always terribly polite to do so?

Oct 24, 15 6:57 pm  · 
 · 
no_form
You're a structural engineer but apparently you don't know a single architect in real life.

Otherwise you'd just email them a picture of the house or describe it to them as you did here.

Good luck with your project.
Oct 24, 15 8:38 pm  · 
 · 
sasko2236

Wait, is it greedier to ask for free help, and then get snippy when it's given? 

should i pay you for your help? 

thanks to post curtkram JeromeS JLC-1 Volunteer  for mans advice

question is not solved but i got so much negative energy from some people 
(not listed). 

please ask only if you have information about post #1.

Oct 24, 15 11:24 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Can I get free structural advice for my office tower project?
Oct 25, 15 8:49 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

quid pro quo right?  if you want to take something from a community, you should look for ways to give back too.

Oct 25, 15 9:08 am  · 
 · 
sasko2236

Can I get free structural advice for my office tower project?

yes u can. give an advice is not to do  tons of work for free

what would be if  ask how can i get  to the subway from an architect?

guys, i get ur point of view.

reason the thread (with tons off-top) is still lives that may be someone leave a post here about what type of house is this with some information supplementary

Oct 25, 15 9:18 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

^Your cat walk across the keyboard?

Oct 25, 15 9:25 am  · 
 · 
sasko2236

yes.

Oct 25, 15 12:04 pm  · 
 · 

sasko2236,

Don't ask questions that are billable. The problem is people will ask one question, it gets answered and they keep asking questions so that they get to do the work themselves while picking our brains. Why should we be helping our clients not hire us? If we teach our clients to be architects/designers then why would they need us?

If I teach you how to be the building designer then you wouldn't hire me to be the building designer. If I'm not going to get paid to be the building designer then I'm going to get paid being the teacher.

We are in business to make money and we have to have clients be clients not clients be the 'architect'. If you aren't going to pay me to design the project, then you are going to pay me to teach you. If you aren't going to pay me to teach you then you are going to pay me to design the project. 

Otherwise, you are on your own and no one should help you. Figure it out yourself.

I'm not a fucking charity. I work for monetary compensation. I bill by the time I invest and I bill for a profit for me. After all, it is my right as it is for you to make a profit. 

Therefore, you are going to pay one way or the other.

NONE of us here went to college to work for less than minimum wage.

Oct 25, 15 3:34 pm  · 
 · 

sasko wrote:

should i pay you for your help? 

Yes. Either you pay us to design the project or pay us to teach you or go to architecture school and pay the university to teach you. 

You're not an architect or building designer and don't know what you need to know to design houses so you might want to pay a qualified professional like an architect or building/residential designer to do it for you. You think we are too expensive because you are greedy and trying to get everything for nothing without paying a qualified design professional to do it for you. 

Maybe instead of you being a sub-par developer, lets try to do something more intelligent.

Oct 25, 15 3:45 pm  · 
 · 

sasko,

I'll have to remind you that we can't just give you a set of plans of some other design professional to edit. You can't just take a set of plans and edit it. You need legal permission from the copyright owner.

Oct 25, 15 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
geezertect

Sorry, folks, but if the OP asks for simple advice in an open-to-the-public setting and we answer the question, we have no standing to complain about not being paid.  Ignore the post if you consider it inappropriate. He is just asking where there are drawings to look at; not for a complete set of drawings or a lengthy critique.   How would you bill for a 15 second answer, anyway?

As usual, architects are their own worse enemies.

Oct 25, 15 5:01 pm  · 
 · 

geezertect,

That maybe at the moment but when does it stop there. He's making a bunch of money building and selling the houses built. He's a developer. If he has the money to build a house, he has the money to pay a design professional and ask questions... then. There is something called business/professional courtesy. 

We shouldn't be giving away advice that can be part of a billed service until you have a signed contract. This is for commercial activity so he should secure a design professional before asking for help because for god sake, every advice we give away free is giving away projects. 

If you give away too much, teaching the client too much without pay, the client ends up never needing you.... which is basically ending your career because before long, you taught all your prospective clients what they need to know to not need you anymore. If you are going to do that, you might as well make money on it so you can finance your way out of this profession into another occupation after making sure your profession is dead and no longer needed because everyone knows how to design their own buildings instead of hiring/contracting someone.

Oct 25, 15 5:13 pm  · 
 · 

sasko2236,

INVOICE#: ADV-0001

Invoice Date: 10/25/2015

Advice in 15 minute blocks (Advice Blocks) @ $37.50 per block (15 minutes units of time)

# of Advice block units:                     1

Total: $37.50

Pay due in 15 calendar days of Invoice Date.

Payment methods accepted: Paypal, Money Order, Secured Check

Late Penalty fee: $36 a month

Late penalty fee begins to occur on NOVEMBER 10, 2015 and reoccurs on the 10th of each month thereafter at 12:01 AM. 

Send paypal payment to [email protected] via Paypal.

Payments paid via Money Order or Secured Check shall be paid to the order of: Richard W.C. Balkins

and mailed to:

1243 Franklin Ave.

Astoria, Oregon 97103

Oct 25, 15 5:33 pm  · 
 · 

Anyone else wants to give him their invoice.

Oct 25, 15 5:38 pm  · 
 · 
DeTwan

Are you gonna sue if you don't get your money Balkins?

You seem like you'd be a good lawyer too.

Oct 25, 15 6:03 pm  · 
 · 

DeTwan,

Wouldn't that be a Halloween trick !

Trick or Treat    

or is that.....

Treat or Trick.

Oct 25, 15 6:08 pm  · 
 · 
geezertect

You want a signed contract before you tell him that it looks like bungalow style and that there are books in the library on the subject?  Sheesh.  Even a lawyer would be willing to tell you that murder is a felony without getting a retainer first.

Oct 25, 15 7:50 pm  · 
 · 

geezertect,

Time = money. 

How do you bill time.... mathematically????

Oct 25, 15 8:49 pm  · 
 · 

sasko, I'm not saying you should pay me. I'm saying you shouldn't call me greedy when I mention that I prefer to get paid for my work. You seem to think it's fine to paint the entire architectural profession with the "greedy" brush because we didn't all leap to help some rando on the internet who came into our professional discussion space to ask for free advice. People on this forum give out free advice frequently, but the minute the person asking starts getting snippy and demanding about it, or calling us names, we get defensive right back.

Is that clear and logical enough for you, Ms. Engineer?

Oct 25, 15 9:01 pm  · 
 · 
JeromeS

@Sasko  - perhaps its a deficiency with english or some perspective other than domestic that contributes to your understanding of what this forum is and what to expect from it.

and

RWCB-PBD is back and he's the "voice" of the profession once again...

Oct 25, 15 9:36 pm  · 
 · 

+++ DeTwan LOL

Oct 25, 15 9:44 pm  · 
 · 
no_form
Anyone else think it's weird that Balkins just gave out his parents address to the Internet?
Oct 25, 15 9:49 pm  · 
 · 
Volunteer

I have seen this movie before. Alfred Hitchcock is the director.

Oct 25, 15 10:02 pm  · 
 · 
DeTwan

Balkins, are you smoking crack again?

Oct 25, 15 10:53 pm  · 
 · 
no_form
He can't afford crack. He's just huffing glue.
Oct 25, 15 11:18 pm  · 
 · 
DeTwan

lol..nice one...

Oct 25, 15 11:20 pm  · 
 · 

rob_c,

Street addresses are kind of public domain information. It isn't like the street address numbers and street is a real mystery.

DeTwan and rob_c,

The fact you guys are want to work for free is a sign that you guys are overdosing on crack and that you two need a brain transplant because there is definite proof of cognitive stupidity on your part.

When someone can afford to spend $550,000 to $650,000 to build a house plus whatever it cost to acquire property to build on who is probably looking to sell for $750,000 to $850,000, don't you think they can afford to pay you?

If the person is a developer then they have money. Whether the person is going to pay or not is irrelevant. Whether or not I sue the person in court for not paying is none of your business. You may guess which choice I would make regarding whether to sue or not.... I'm not saying publicly. 

Having said that, I'm in the business to build capital.

Oct 26, 15 12:06 am  · 
 · 
no_form
Balkins, you fail at building capital. You live in your parent's attic.
Oct 26, 15 12:15 am  · 
 · 

rob_c,

Yeah, your right. I chosen the architecture field but it had already died and the business model is broken. It isn't my fault that we have architects charging $500 to design entire houses. It isn't my fault we have you morons working 80-120 hours a week for $35,000 a year. It isn't my fault you morons volunteer your time to people and organizations that are not a non-profit. It is not my fault, every c--- s---ing MF'er out there wants everything for nothing. It is not my fault you f---nuts had been ball-less wonders about standing up to your worth to clients. It is not my fault you f---tards had made yourselves so damn irrelevant and undesired that the word 'architect' is a bad word.... profanity. You made the title 'architect' a profanity, before I even chosen this profession. 

I wanted to engage this profession as it was like in the 1950s when we had real and true architects. We replaced them with incompetent morons who shouldn't be architects.

Maybe I made a mistake in pursuing architecture which was once noble but now is profanity.

Yeah, it cost me to pursue this profanity of a profession. Maybe that is a fail but had I known how deeply profane this profession had became, I probably would have stayed in the software development field.

I'm sorry, it is probably better for the public that engineers and builders replace architects and let the licensed architecture profession go extinct like the dodo.

Ah... I'm pretty sure you don't like what I am saying of this profession.... what are you going to do about making change in this profession to make it noble and valued by this decade's end.

Sure, there is a few stray voices in the architecture profession that is noble but they are too few and too far in between to hold back the tsunami of shit that you are. Maybe each drop of this shit tsunami can be transformed into a tsunami of a noble profession.

Maybe that's just wishful thinking.

I'm at a point where frankly, I'm not going to wait for this profession to transform from this swine pit into a noble profession. I also reach a point where I am contemplating going back into software development where there is still value. There is far more interest and value people have for computer and technology than they do for architects and architecture. 

When I talk to people about architecture and about software development.... it is literally a night and day feel in the response. Sadly, I have to complete the last building design project. Once all the remaining projects are done, I'm looking to close the building design business and move on to something else.

I am not interesting in living in the big city. I had lived in the big city like Los Angeles. I don't like to live there. I can work where I am in the tech field and make money. I made more money in computer technology field than I have made in the architectural pursuit.

In software development, if someone doesn't want to pay, they just don't buy the software. If they want it, they won't hesitate or try to get it for less nor complain to your face that you charge too much even when you are charging less than minimum wage.

Sorry but  come on.

In software/video game development, I make what I want to make with some reflection on the market trend in general and go with it. People don't hesitate to spend $20 but they do $20,000. There is just no way I can possibly sell plans for $20 and make a profit without HEAVY subsidization of the cost.

Oct 26, 15 12:50 am  · 
 · 
no_form
Balkins, tldr. Refer to kjdt's past guidance.
Oct 26, 15 1:16 am  · 
 · 

rob_c,

What kind of position would I be hired at an architecture firm if I applied?

For some reason, I get the feeling they would hire me not for an architecture position but some sort of IT position.

From a video game / application developer perspective with experience spanning over 25 years, why on earth would such developer want to work for an architecture firm? What does an architecture firm have that would be of compelling interest.

From my perspective in that line, it isn't like they would ask me to create a video game or application for castAR equipped computers or anything along the lines of video game or application software development.

From a building designer and business owner perspective, why would I want to do that? Or if they somehow hire me to do something in the architectural realm, they would hire me to do drafting (CAD) door and window details and schedules..... Seriously? WTF? 

Why would I do that for 80+ hours a week for $25,480 to $26,000 a year salary. Seriously... that's effectively $5.00 to $6.25/hr. when you take into effect all that unpaid overtime. Seriously... not compelling. Especially when I would have to pay.... ~$6,500 a year in rent & basic utility and $10,000-11,000 in taxes and that leaves only $8500-$9,500 in which I have to live on. That leaves me, maybe $2000 a year to pay on loans... $541 to $625 for food and other living expenses.

Entry level video game designer would be better than that at $35K a year on the lower end. Median is $53K a year.

http://work.chron.com/video-game-designer-salary-range-10725.html

At this link, you're looking at <3 yrs. between $35K and $48K. 3-6 years being between $48K to $62K and it goes up from there with 6+ being $62K to $77K+.

http://www.animationarena.com/video-game-salary.html

After getting back into software development for a few years.... I can probably easily get into the $100K+ after some newer and more recent works in the portfolio of works to make oneself more marketably viable. 

Financially speaking, there are more viable options that a shitty paid, overworked, drafter or webmaster at a depressed $24K to $36K. Really, you guys often only getting the mediocre paid webmasters... not the highly paid. That's if you hire a webmaster instead of a on-call part-timer who is paid by the visit and web programming work at the time.

Oct 26, 15 4:35 am  · 
 · 

Maybe I made a mistake in pursuing architecture which was once noble but now is profanity.

This is just a silly over-generalized blanket statement. Within the discipline of architecture there are "noble" practitioners and there are hucksters, and this is true of every profession in the universe.

You make your own piece of the discipline what you want it to be; we are all responsible for that for ourselves.

Oct 26, 15 8:37 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

kind of off topic, but architecture is the profession where we design buildings that get built.

RWCB PBD is looking for a way to become an architect without getting the education or training most of us have sought.  he knows that limits him significantly to certain 'exempt' structures.  mostly that means he is competing for work on single family residential below 3 stories.

he also isn't competing for high end residential where more qualified architects compete.  he is trying to be an architect that will be, on his own, the sole design team of single family residential for moderate income clients.

that puts him in competition with developers building spec homes.  they have a significant advantage with economy of scale, since a single design (sometimes with minor 'customization' choices) can be repeated over and over.  that developer also has the land and contractors and the real estate agents and lawyers and even the financiers to get the moderate income person into their new house.  RWCB PBD does not have the infrastructure to provide that kind of turn-key solution. 

moderate income people interested in purchasing a new single family home are typically going to be making maybe the second biggest financial decision of their lives, and committing to 30 years of debt.  sometimes we forget about what impact our profession has to the end user since we see so many come and go, but it's a really big deal to them.  RWCB PBD wants to provide a limited scope of service where the homeowner will have to do what is ultimately most of the work on their own or contracted through other people without a cost savings, and with the added risk of RWCB PBD not having the history of successfully completed work that the local developer has.

RWCB PBD is right, he should go back to software design.  the education and experience he does not want to pursue in architecture is more accessible to him in that field.  job opportunities should be more accessible to someone with his background as well.

Oct 26, 15 9:53 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

What kind of fool works 80+ hours a week for $26K per year as Dick Balkins describes?

I was sitting pretty close to that $53K video game median in my first year post graduation... which was during an apparent recession. His numbers make no sense outside of his own world.

With that said, I just purchased a house not too different from the OP's images above.

Oct 26, 15 10:23 am  · 
 · 
null pointer

RWCB is about to start getting a ton of porn spam...

Oct 26, 15 10:35 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

lol.  that's just not nice.

one of my email accounts just had a huge uptick in spam.  it wasn't you was it?

Oct 26, 15 10:38 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: