Archinect
anchor

The 15 Best Architects In Los Angeles

haruki

http://www.builddirect.com/blog/the-15-best-architects-in-los-angeles/

This is a great list of current top architectural talent in Los Angeles. My vote went to Richard Landry but I gave a lot of consideration to Ben Ball and Gaston Nogues before casting my vote.

Oct 22, 15 1:59 pm
chigurh

Worst list ever, ranging from total nobodies to crap corporate work, missing so many better architects, ball nogues are not architects. 

Oct 26, 15 7:55 am  · 
 · 
proto

ha, we got listed on that for our city (we are one of the nobodies :) )

some sort of SEO marketing effort...I had wondered if there were several versions just within my city that went out on different email blasts

Oct 26, 15 11:17 am  · 
 · 
no_form
Ball Nogues may not be architects but they and Maltzan are better than the rest on that list
Oct 26, 15 11:49 am  · 
 · 
Janosh

Although I don't agree with all of the selections, this is a good list of quality architects with meaningful practices.  It's nice for once to see some recognition of architects that do not practice exclusively on a campus on Westwood or Traction avenue.

Oct 26, 15 12:09 pm  · 
 · 
haruki

The common denominator is that the vast majority of the people on the list are clients of Julie Taylor's pr firm. Someone pointed that out to me so I checked the Julie Taylor client list on her website and it appears to be true!

Oct 26, 15 1:54 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Wait just a second, Haruki... what are you implying?

;-)

Oct 26, 15 2:36 pm  · 
 · 
haruki

Citizen, I am implying that by hiring a pr firm most of these jive turkeys bought their way onto this ridiculous list!   I find it telling that if you check on the voting the ones with the most integrity (Maltzan and Ball Nogues) are way down at the bottom. I find it sad that some of these people have been touting their being on the list all last week on facebook and such. 

Oct 26, 15 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
proto

i can say that we didn't buy our way on & we have zero connection with their marketing firm

we just got a random email saying we were on it from siege media

Oct 26, 15 3:29 pm  · 
 · 
BR.TN

Don't worry, the list for Chicago is even funnier

Oct 26, 15 6:56 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

You can tell it's serious business because the article features only head-shots and no portfolio images.

Oct 26, 15 7:46 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: