Archinect
anchor

looking to source Ball Nogues mylar

oompa

Hi

I am working on something and the material Ball Nogues used for their Maximilian's Schell at the Materials and Applications courtyard would be perfect...only I can't figure out what it is beyond the descriptions in various publications as - fibre reinforced (kevlar, carbon or polyester) mylar. Would anybody happen to know anything more about it? Any commercial names for it? Where I might buy it? Is it a sailing material? Is it for film lighting?

thanks!

Jul 19, 11 4:24 pm

Have you contacted Ball Nogues directly?  They are very nice people.

Jul 20, 11 9:53 am  · 
 · 
oompa

Donna, good suggestion. I actually have their contact too, having once been in discussion about work...I just figured this might be "proprietary" info or something, especially since the info available has been so vague. I am typically pretty good at this sort of research but all attempts so far have come up with nothing.

My best guess is that this some sort of sailing fabric...but it could also be a lighting gel (for film sets)?

Jul 20, 11 10:51 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: