Archinect
anchor

Any exellent examples of potfolio for B.Arch, please?

Tyer_K

Hello, everyone!

I am doing my duty, army, in S.Korea and it is going to be end in November. So I was planning what to do after this god-forsaken life in this base.

I've been loving architecture when I was 9. (I just got specitic motivation when I was at the age of 9) So, I've been looking forward to studying architecture to be a great architect. Well, yeah, I have specific dreams which I want to make true. And, for some reason, I decided to study in Germany. And I figured out that they require some quilty Mapper (portfolio).

Since we do not send the portfolios to architecture schools in Korea, however, I do not know how to make it, or what to put in it. Even the construction.. I am just so confused. Would you please help me?

Would you please give me some examples of portfolio? I am looking forward to studying in Germany..

Oct 16, 15 10:07 pm
placebeyondthesplines

no

Oct 17, 15 12:29 am  · 
 · 
Tyer_K

Then, would anyone tell me what I am supposed to put in to my portfolio, please?

Oct 20, 15 7:00 am  · 
 · 
SpatialSojourner

Search Issuu.com for ones that you like: http://issuu.com/search?q=architecture+portfolio

And general guidelines: https://taubmancollege.umich.edu/pdfs/architecture/march/grad_portfolio_workshop.pdf

Spatial Sojourner's 5 points to a good portfolio:

1. Anything that spans from art to architecture is fair game. I would hesitate on including that awkward Revit professional project from when one worked for No Good Architects INC.  Schools care about design, not the ability to produce banal work for the real world.
  2. Avoid graphics/conventions that just clutter up the pages and distract (_//archiTECT[ure]) 
  3. Establish a grid and rules for hierarchy and have a good reason if you want to break them. (Two fonts: title font = Lato Bold 32 pt, body = Lato regular 10pt)
  4. White space is valuable and gives the work room to be appreciated -  don't cram lots of stuff on a page thus suffocating it and making everything so tiny that the reviewer needs a magnifying glass.
  5. Depending on the place, you have 30 or less pages - make every one of them count, ask yourself is this spread distinctive/memorable? If no, can I render something/model something/diagram something that will captivate? If no, remove the pages and put something there that matters. 
Oct 20, 15 7:39 am  · 
 · 
Tyer_K

Thank you so much, SpatialSojourner.

I am quite sure that will give me a guide-line to make a quilty portfolio. :-)

Oct 24, 15 6:33 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: