Archinect
anchor

what you can learn from graduate school? and what I should learn?

Vendetta

Now, Im a Master's student in Japan.

sorry for my poor English.

I  study master because after graduation, I work and I start to think about concept and design process in same way many time.

So, Im looking for the way that make me can develop idea ,concept  by myself .

I want to learn, how can I find new knowledge by myself after I graduate. what is the process that I should know?

I think ,maybe I should learn , "how to research" or "design methodology" ?, but I wander, maybe my university dont teach it. If they teach, maybe its not intensive. I found that many Japanese student just come to learn for certificate, and teacher dont have a time for student much.

I dont know, why some teacher  can give good suggestions, or new process for their student all time and all  project, what did they learn when they are a student .

I want to ask you ,what you can learn from graduate school? and what I should learn?

Thank you!

Oct 16, 15 11:03 am
StarchitectAlpha

Since it's not for career goals, would it be better to take some basic design classes without fully enrolling in a program? Reading books on your own maybe too? Seems like an awful lot of money and effort to just learn some new ways of thinking about things. Or maybe instead of going back to school work for a high end design firm, they probably won't pay much money but you'll learn real world applications of design. 

Oct 16, 15 11:39 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: