Archinect
anchor

English speaking grad schools in Scandinavian countries??

hallie.swenson

I'm beginning to look for graduate schools and would love to do something different and look in scandanavia somewhere to go to school. I am looking for a program where a B. Arch is not required, and more focused on design. I know there will be extra steps once I come back to the U.S. regarding licensing but I don't mind. Any comments would be much appreciated! 

Oct 12, 15 2:14 pm
Sorrowful Giuseppe

I am not an expert in that, but I can say for sure that even if can't find one it should not be an issue. Everyone speaks a perfect English there.

Send them email and see what they say.

Oct 12, 15 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
Bench

I attended Aalto University on exchange during my M.Arch. I wouldn't be too concerned about it, as English is widely used throughout the Scandinavian countries and schools. I assume this may not hold true for obscure schools in remote/small towns, but this info will be readily available if you get in touch with admissions officers directly. I would probably recommend staying in the major urban centers, and save the small spots for travel destinations.

Oct 12, 15 4:46 pm  · 
 · 
hallie.swenson

Thank you for your input! I am thinking about going to school there for the full 3-4 years to get my full M. Arch so I should have clarified! So in that case, is there programs that offer all english speaking courses and lectures? I will get in contact with admissions officers though! 

Oct 13, 15 1:19 pm  · 
 · 

KA in Copenhagen has a fully English masters program in 3 departments, but in general everyone (and I mean everyone, from small children to crusty old men who have lived on a farm their whole lives) speaks impeccable English.

Oct 13, 15 6:12 pm  · 
 · 
hallie.swenson

Thank you Stephanie Braconnier! Did you graduate from this program? Or did you just hear about it? 

Oct 15, 15 12:20 pm  · 
 · 

I graduated from KA dept. 11 in 2011. 

Oct 16, 15 10:13 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: