Archinect
anchor

Heeelp!

livia

Hello! 

I just got accepted at the De Appel Arts Center in Amsterdam,  and im looking for a grant to pay my tuition.Anyone help? I would really appreciated....

Oct 11, 15 11:30 am
Non Sequitur

Should have thought about that before applying. 

Oct 11, 15 3:33 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Classic "dad" rejoinder, NS... and pretty spot-on, it sounds.

Oct 11, 15 5:34 pm  · 
 · 
boy in a well

clean up your room, livia.

Oct 11, 15 6:30 pm  · 
 · 
livia

@Non Sequitur  im looking for help, not critics

Oct 12, 15 9:30 am  · 
 · 
JeromeS

then you are DEFINITELY in the wrong place.  How about sugardaddy dot com?

Oct 12, 15 11:55 am  · 
 · 

If BIG can fund a steam generator by asking for donations, surely you can fund your education by begging for money online too. Or, you could do what every other responsible adult does in your situation; first this, http://bfy.tw/2FDB ... then this if still necessary, http://bfy.tw/2FDH

Oct 12, 15 11:56 am  · 
 · 
livia

how about stop being so negative, guys i actually asked if someone knows smth more than i do, or someone that live in amsterdam, something more than google! and yes maybe its the wrong place, i didnt came here to be judged! 

Oct 12, 15 2:56 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

There are always ways to earn extra money in Amsterdam...it wont be too different from architecture anyways...

Oct 12, 15 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Try not to take the comments personally, livia.  The boards here are full of active (and often snarky) discussion and debate on a big range of topics.

When someone's very first post on Archinect is asking a simple, 2-line question with no indication of any prior research-- the common assumption here is that the asker is lazy and hoping for a trove of useful information to be delivered to them via the comments section.  People here get tired of that.

Maybe you've done a lot of research already.  If so, say so.  That might give people more information to respond to besides a "help me" request that takes about twelve seconds to write.  Give us something to work with.

Oct 12, 15 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
livia

1 line or 2 lines this its not an excuse to be bullied

Its the fist time i do this 'forum' thing and till now i see its just a waste of time.

My question was really simple, if someone here knows smth more about grants that are given for young artist in netherland or if you know someone that actually took a grant somewhere. im not from netherland thats why i thought i could ask for help in a  forum. 

wtv

Oct 12, 15 3:28 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Must be your first day on the internets then.

++ citizen

Oct 13, 15 9:02 am  · 
 · 
livia

I prefer real life.

Oct 13, 15 9:16 am  · 
 · 
3tk

++citizen - please articulate the 'what' in 'more than what' - w/o knowing what you already know, it's not very easy for anyone to be helpful.  This is a basic communication skill necessary in any field, but very important in ours.

US gov used to have a grant to study artisanal crafts... architectural design isn't a field funded much - it's considered a profession (most professional degrees are funded through loans or through an employer as it is a means to a path not a means in itself).

Oct 13, 15 9:16 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: