Archinect
anchor

Portfolio Standards Outside the US

mszczere

I will soon be applying to masters programs in primarily northern Europe (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland) and am trying to cater my portfolio to my target audience. I understand that formats and layouts vary by region and I was wondering if anyone could share their knowledge of the standards in this region. I will becoming out of a pre professional BFA in architecture, and I understand this comes as a bit of a disadvantage. Should I run with the artistic and conceptual ideas that I have been taught here, or tone it down and show understanding of drawing standards and construction documents? CV inside the portfolio? Portrait of myself? (personally not a fan) Any advice would be appreciated.

Sep 29, 15 1:05 pm
JLC-1

http://issuu.com/henrystephens/docs/gradportfolio_2014

this one looks like what you need

Sep 29, 15 1:29 pm  · 
 · 

In terms of page format the typical page sizes in Europe are A4 (8.268" x 11.693") and A3 (11.693" x 16.535") similar to letter and 11x17 respectively. I recommend formatting your portfolio to these dimensions. Especially if you are submitting a digital portfolio and they happen to print it without scaling. At best it looks weird and at worst it cuts off some of your text or contact information.

Your CV should be a separate document. It is much more common to include your portrait in Europe vs the U.S., but that is a personal choice.

Good luck!

Brandon

www.thearchitectsguide.com

Sep 29, 15 1:32 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: