Archinect
anchor

Question regarding reporting project experience for LEED CE credits

Sam Apoc

The USGBC's CMP guide says that "Work on a project registered for LEED certification will count for 1 CE hour per credit."  There's not much explanation given beyond that, however.  

Does that mean that if the project is on track to get LEED Silver (i.e. 50-59 points/credits) you get that many CE hours for working on it?  Do you only count the credits that your work directly contributed to and leave out things like Enhanced Commissioning, or other credits where you weren't the lead person responsible?

Or does it mean that you get 1 CE hour for each LEED project you work on?

This is my first time submitting CE hours for LEED since passing the test two years ago, so I appreciate any first-hand experience any of you have.  Thanks!

Sep 28, 15 11:11 am
curtkram

i don't know the answer, but it's self-reporting, so i guess you can put whatever you want and hope for the best.  your office probably has contact information for someone within usgc who's been spamming them about firm registration and that stuff.  i would try to find their contact information and ask them.

it looks like they're saying you get cmps for working on the credit, not for earning the credit, right?  so that would suggest you can count the time even if you're not certified yet

also, i would think that means you can only count the credits you've actually worked on, but that sounds pretty vague, so as long as you've sat in on a conference call with the commissioning agent, then you're involved with that credit, right?

Sep 28, 15 12:01 pm  · 
 · 
Bloopox

USGBC had these examples regarding "LEED Project Participation", in the email that I got when I first upgraded to a specialty:

"Examples:

1. A civil engineer performs stormwater calculations for a project. She documents SSp1 for Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control, SSc6.1 for Stormwater Design Quantity Control, and SSc6.2 for Stormwater Design Quality Control. The engineer is eligible to report 3 CE hours for the project.

2. A project architect assumes the responsibilities of LEED project administrator for a project and manages the documentation of the project in LEED Online for the project team. The architect also documents SSc7.2 Heat Island Effect—Roof, MRc4.1 Recycled Content, and EQc8.1 and EQc8.2 for Daylight and Views. The architect is eligible to report 6 CE hours for the project."

So it seems the intent is that these are credits with which you were actually involved.

Sep 28, 15 1:15 pm  · 
 · 
Sam Apoc

Bloopox that's pretty helpful.  Thanks for sharing.

Sep 28, 15 4:09 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: