Archinect
anchor

Taco Bell is Gentrifying!

http://www.wbez.org/news/visit-worlds-first-boozy-taco-bell-113054

What will those hipsters come up with next. Gentrification on the march.

This seems to be a trend in fast food re-branding to be more down to earth local and hip. All a ploy to sell more stuff.

Sep 24, 15 6:23 pm
chigurh

taco bell is a disgusting corporate fake food manufacturer...now they sell some shitty mountain dew margarita...who cares...they have been in the gutter for years...doesn't really have anything to do with gentrification.  

Sep 24, 15 6:36 pm  · 
 · 
anonitect

Not hipsters. Taco Bell and Mountain Dew = redneck.

Sep 24, 15 8:36 pm  · 
 · 
cncguy
I vaguely remember a spring break in havasu eating Taco Bell .59 cent menu for 7 days as a sustenance coupled by 60 cases of keystone light.....I might have had a redneck due to all the sun.... Yet, I met my wife, and 20 years later with three kids there is hope. The kids are more refined, the wife and I moved to craft beers, and Taco Bell is never on the go to list....but in light of this article I might have to make a run for the border!!!! Viva Taco Bell pendejo's!!!!!!
Sep 24, 15 9:32 pm  · 
 · 
cncguy
I vaguely remember a spring break in havasu eating Taco Bell .59 cent menu for 7 days as a sustenance coupled by 60 cases of keystone light.....I might have had a redneck due to all the sun.... Yet, I met my wife, and 20 years later with three kids there is hope. The kids are more refined, the wife and I moved to craft beers, and Taco Bell is never on the go to list....but in light of this article I might have to make a run for the border!!!! Viva Taco Bell pendejo's!!!!!!
Sep 24, 15 9:38 pm  · 
 · 
dominiond

Taco Bell is the most vegetarian friendly and cost-effective fast food joint- definitely appreciate that. The fact that you can now booze it up will just make it all the more appealing. They probably won't be serving Dew margaritas at the drive thru though.

Sep 24, 15 9:57 pm  · 
 · 
cncguy
Sorry for the double post, had the extra large Mountain Dew margs! This might be my new go to for happy hour.
Sep 24, 15 10:24 pm  · 
 · 
alrightalright

What will those hipsters come up with next. Gentrification on the march.

nice use of every cliche buzz word regarding social change.. you sound like an out-of-touch, disenfranchised babyboomer.

+1 to chigurh and anonitect

Sep 25, 15 1:44 pm  · 
 · 

Just Surprise and Irony all important for survival in this City in these times

I am Surprised that Taco Bell waited this long to re-brand like other chains, I am surprised they re-branded so much, very little of their other store brand is present in the shop, when I walked by I was confused that someone opened up a restaurant and was probably going to get trademark infringement notice but no this was a Taco Bell.

It is in the Middle of Hipster Central in Wicker Park Chicago. Also one of the most rapid cases of gentrification in the city changing the demographics and politics, this is a totally different neighborhood than it was 8 years ago.

over and OUT

Peter N

Sep 25, 15 4:07 pm  · 
 · 
gruen
I hung out in wicker park/buck town in the mid 90s. Way different then.
Sep 25, 15 4:21 pm  · 
 · 

This is a really good description, tho. It looks like Taco Bell saw how Chipotle dressed on the first day of junior high and begged its mom to get it the same clothes.

Sep 25, 15 4:56 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

glad to see the hipsters are now thinking outside the box to reevaluate the centripetal outgrowth of their market strategies.  i see a new paradigm over the horizon.  globalization in e-mountain dew margaritas will create a holistic synergy in the next generation of management visibility.

i should write for gizmodo.

typically, more margaritas is not a bad thing.  the pope should be taking the hint while he's here.  it could drum up some membership in his organization too.

Sep 25, 15 5:23 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram I love everything about your post. Well done.
Sep 25, 15 5:38 pm  · 
 · 
Bench

"this is a totally different neighborhood than it was 8 years ago"

Ironically, something a hipster would say.

And isn't Brooklyn the center of 'capital-H' Hipsterdom? What is a Wicker Park even? Like, I can't even right meow.

Sep 26, 15 12:44 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: