Archinect
anchor

University of Applied Arts Vienna (Die Angewante)

heff07

Hi, does anyone ever heard to the University of Applied Arts Vienna (Universitat fur Angewante Kunst Wein / Die Angewante)? I came across to this school on the internet & instagram & found their architectural works to be pretty amazing... but somehow i cant seems to find any reviews or comments about the school & architecture course. It seems to me like rather low profile (at least in my country). Would like to know more about the school from a student's perspective or any overall comments. Thanks.

Sep 24, 15 7:18 am
Eras.H

I am also looking for any recent review from alumni/student of their Master program. I am still considering whether or not to apply to it next year.

All the information I found are 2~5 years ago. I used to know one graduated from Dipl. Greg Lynn studio at 09. They were definitely high profile and well received in terms of parametric style and their technical solutions. According to the alumni they do have in-depth theory to support their design and process. And their work are pretty amazing and very fancy. While I am still worry about the course structure and the theory background from their results. It seems that they are more form-driven rather than theory-based. from some of the graduate's design work(search ISSUU and you might get some), the architecture there become a bit more like an sculpture with few rationals and theories. Also the structure of one tutor for three years is quite doubtful.

But thats just from perspective of their portfolio and work shown on studio pages. Still looking for any review and viewpoint from inside the program.

Oct 19, 15 12:53 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: