Archinect
anchor

[Canada] Do I need a Masters or Architecture?

nullpointer,

Nope. The paperwork is directly with the respective parties. There is forms but also customizations. As well as forms with various licensing agencies in Oregon and Washington where my business is registered/licensed as well as registered professional design firm registration form and the respective money involved. 

There isn't going to be any saving in money using third party because they charge for their time.

Sep 27, 15 6:02 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

And what does any of this have to do with the topic at hand? Not just asking Balkins here, either. You've all hijacked this thread with your nonsense. I'm sure the OP has left the building, but maybe we could get back on track.

Sep 27, 15 6:14 pm  · 
 · 

JBeaumont,

The architect only needs to do reciprocity. The guy is already licensed so it requires reciprocity into the particular jurisdiction.

Sham implies illegal. It isn't necessarily illegal. 

Your Senior Share idea maybe good to a point. I still have to make enough money to cover tuition & fees, and  other expenses.

If I need to, I can drive to Portland and back for classes even if I have to stay overnight in the studios and drive back after a little sleep in order to drive back safely. It isn't like I can't see at night. Sometimes it is just smarter to stay where one is.

Sep 27, 15 6:20 pm  · 
 · 

bowling_ball,

Sorry, haven't caught up to your post. I agree with your point. We are way off the topic.

Sep 27, 15 6:24 pm  · 
 · 
JBeaumont

The OP is long gone, and keeping him occupied with one thread tends to keep him contained.  See? He's already oozing into others.

Sep 27, 15 8:12 pm  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines

You had a 2.76 GPA at a community college. That's a C+ average at a community college, a school with no admissions requirements and extremely low standards for success. You either didn't show up, didn't do the work, actively tried to get shitty grades, or are just fundamentally lacking in basic intelligence. 

The last of which is very believable, because you're paralyzed with fear at the idea of encountering some 6th grade math on a test designed for 16-year-olds. The idea that someone so dumb could ever join our profession is fucking insulting. Fortunately it will never happen. 

Sep 27, 15 9:25 pm  · 
 · 
Discouraged

I'm still here.. but I definitely skipped over the middle section of this thread.

Sep 27, 15 9:39 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
^ smart move
Sep 27, 15 10:52 pm  · 
 · 
Bloopox

Discouraged:  If architecture is really what you want to do, take some time to create a trail that establishes that more substantially, and then apply again to M.Arch programs.  Try to get employment or an internship with an architecture firm or in something related.  Take some more in-person continuing ed courses, especially those that will help develop portfolio material.  Consider attending a summer "career discovery" type few-week intensive program - some universities have these not just for high-school level but also for people considering career changes. 

When you apply again, call attention to the great improvement in your grades in the architecture-related courses, as compared to your past academic record.  Write an essay that focuses at least in part on your maturing and finding out what you're really interested in, and the steps you've taken to further your education and start your career in the field.

I don't see much point in trying to get into an undergrad program - the admissions process isn't usually any easier, it's geared toward younger students, includes a lot of general requirements that you've presumably already satisfied, and is a longer route.  M.Arch programs are better suited to career-changers and older students, and more focused on the architecture curriculum.

Sep 28, 15 1:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: