Archinect
anchor

M.Arch + M.URP opinions? (UIUC, UCLA, GSD, UMich, WashU)

GafasDelSol

Hey all. I'm in the process of applying to graduate school for Fall '16. I have been interested in pursuing the M.Arch + M.URP track, and I couldn't find too many topics for people pursuing both. I have begun my program research, with visiting their websites and reaching out to alumni from these programs, but it would be nice to hear your opinions (hopefully from current students/recent grads). I have narrowed my grad school search down to UIUC, UCLA, Harvard GSD, UMich, and WashU in St. Louis. I wanted to know:

• Anybody doing the dual degree/concurrent degrees at these schools?
  • Any faculty I should keep on my radar?
  • Anyone in these individual programs (M.Arch or M.URP/UD) that could give their perspective of how the program is?
  • Anything in particular I should have on my radar as I begin the application process?

For some more basic info about me, I am a recent grad (Spring '15) from a B.S.Arch program, currently taking the year off and working in a small architecture firm. I am more interested in the social aspect of architecture. I'm aiming to explore architecture as a means to revitalize urban communites, and investigating methods to give equal and adequate access to communities that curently don't have the means.

Thanks, looking forward from hearing from y'all.

Sep 21, 15 12:44 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: