Archinect
anchor

Job opportunitie in London

ivonne

Hello all,

Probably I will go to London to work, but the company is asking me for my salary expectations, of course this salary has to cover my living expenses. 

I saw in the RIBA website that the hour rate for a Part 1 / First Year Out Students is 10 £.

I have 3 years experience in the sector and  I'm not an UK citizen, neither european. 

London citizens, are you agree with this rate? 

Sep 7, 15 5:17 pm
archiwutm8

First year part ones rates are averaging 19-20k from my experience with 3 years you should be at least 22-24k per year. However it may be difficult geting a job in a smaller friendlier studio as a foreigners so look at places like Fosters, they always hire foreign students who leave after 1-2 years.

Sep 8, 15 5:21 am  · 
 · 
ivonne

tons of thanks archiwutm8! 

Sep 8, 15 12:12 pm  · 
 · 
reciclagem

What about living costs in London? If I make about 35k year / 3,000 month, how much of this could I save? (moderate expenses with rental,basic food,...)

Oct 14, 15 11:29 am  · 
 · 
StarchitectAlpha

why London? That rate seems terrible compared to US

Oct 14, 15 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
reciclagem

i'm trying a job abroad. (i'm not from us) I have applied for us,uk and nl, waiting to see if some company can sponsorship a job/work permit.

Oct 14, 15 12:49 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: