Archinect
anchor

Portfolio Critique - 9 Pages

lukeggg

http://issuu.com/lukegehron/docs/gehronportfolio

Hey Archinect Community,

I will be applying to work as an Architectural Designer/3D modeler in a small architecture firm which specializes in their use of Rhino and Grasshopper. I have curated this portfolio to try to show some of the most relevant work I have done with those programs, even though some of those projects are not necessarily architectural in nature. The architectural projects I have chosen to include are relatively small in scale as they reflect the project types undertaken by the firm. 

Please let me know what I should do to improve this portfolio, both in terms of layout/projects, and in the approach of including non-architectural projects and only including project types that are relevant to the scale undertaken by the firm. 

Thanks,

Luke G.

Sep 4, 15 12:26 am
Zaina

you can reduce the text, and add more attractive renderings/ designs. add more analysis for the site/ issues you were responding to. you can also re-design each page focusing on the main concept of deigns and guiding your reader through your work. there're many good examples of architectural portfolios on issuu

Sep 4, 15 8:59 am  · 
 · 
thearchitectsguide

Luke,

Excellent job targeting your relevant work to the job that you are applying. I would be less concerned with proving your specific software expertise. While this is important you should place the project typology ahead of the software typology. Including the Rhino and Grasshopper modeling should be a secondary goal and moved towards the back of the portfolio.

Try to emphasize the more architectural projects in your portfolio if you have relevant examples. I assume that since this is a small office they are less likely to have complex amorphic building forms?

This article may be helpful for your portfolio submissions and applications.

The Two Page Architecture Portfolio

Good luck!

Brandon

Sep 4, 15 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
lukeggg

http://issuu.com/lukegehron/docs/gehronportfolio2

@Zaina,

Thanks for the feedback. I spent some time trying to depict each project in just a single spread, and a lot of the information about the site and project specifics was lost in the process. I have since created a portfolio which has significantly more information associated with each project so I hope this will help. 

@thearchitectsguide

Thanks for the feedback. From your response, I have made a new portfolio which shows my strictly architectural works first, and then presents the conceptual work towards the end. I have removed the two Rhino/Grasshopper projects with a single furniture project as it pertains more to the work undertaken by the small firm.

Thanks,

Luke G.

Sep 6, 15 1:44 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: