Archinect
anchor

Hi Archinect Team- Do you mind giving me constructive criticism on my portfolio? Ill return the favor

Hi Archinect Team.

Name is Luis Ramirez I am a current Graduate Student at Pratt Institute. I recently did an update on my portfolio. I was hoping I could receive some constructive critcism on it and I will gladly return the favor.

Much appreciated and here is the link.

http://issuu.com/ramirezl2044/docs/portfolio_vol_1_lgr__web

Aug 26, 15 2:53 pm

LGR

Aug 26, 15 2:54 pm  · 
 · 
Driko

I like it i think its great. I would just clean up the cover and the image inside the first page. then maybe some more process on how you came about each projects final design. 

Aug 26, 15 3:06 pm  · 
 · 
thearchitectsguide

Hi Luis,

Since you are a current grad student is this portfolio for a job application?

Brandon

www.thearchitectsguide.com

Aug 26, 15 3:07 pm  · 
 · 

Driko

Thank you for the comments. Much appreciated. 

thearchitectsguide

This is for upcoming job applications. 

Aug 26, 15 3:41 pm  · 
 · 
thearchitectsguide

Luis,

I had a look at your portfolio. You obviously have great projects for this point in your career, so you shouldn't spend any more time on that.

Instead of building a portfolio and looking for a job, think about the process in reverse. Find a firm or specific job you are interested in and build a relevant, targeted portfolio for that role. A portfolio to a high design firm would look very different compared to a more conventional office.

I also suggest reaching out to anyone and everyone you know in the architecture community. You must know some professors who could put in a good word for you? Do you have any current or former classmates at firms you want to work for? Hopefully this will help you get your foot in the door!

Good luck!

Brandon

www.thearchitectsguide.com

Aug 26, 15 5:14 pm  · 
 · 

Brandon

Wow, that helps me so much, I think its one of the best suggestions I have gotten when looking for a job. 

That concept reminds very similar to the cover letter, Where you write a cover letter for every different firm. Which shows dedication and real care for being part of a certain firm.

Thank you.

Aug 26, 15 5:23 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: