Archinect
anchor

Portfolio vs Selected Work Samples for Job App

Piper12589

If applying for a job through an online form (on the firm's website), when they ask you to upload a Portfolio file, do you think it's better to upload your whole portfolio, or a smaller document with just some work samples (a page or two)?

I had always been told to only submit select work samples online until you were face to face with someone, and then to bring the whole portfolio, but recently I received conflicting advice.

I have reduced my portfolio to below 10mb in size. Is this small enough to email/submit online? Thanks from a recent grad!

Aug 25, 15 11:49 am
thearchitectsguide

Hi piper,

You should absolutely only upload a sample portfolio for this stage. You can bring your complete portfolio with you to the interview. Make sure to submit relevant samples of your work for the position(s) you are applying.

As for file size it is best to keep it under 5MB because often it is distributed internally via email which usually has an attachment limit.

Here is an article that may be helpful for you.

The Two Page Architecture Portfolio

Good luck!

Aug 25, 15 1:01 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: