Archinect
anchor

American student trying to attend German Architecture program

ameliaray

Hi, 

I am going to graduate  this December with a with a B.A. in Art History from the University of North Texas.  I am considering Grad School in  Germany for architecture. I understand that the certification is different, but I am disillusioned with the lifestyle in the United States, and I am drawn to the idea of practicing architecture in Europe.  I am positive that I want to study architecture but I have a few concerns.  I also have dedicated a year to making these choices, so this is just the beginning of my research.   Finances  is of course a driving factor in my choices. 

1. Are German  schools really cheaper? I heard that Grad school is free for international students in Germany, is that true for Architecture programs in Germany? 

2. Can an American student with a B.A. get into a German architecture school, or any school in Europe or do I need a pre-professional degree in Architecture?

3. How hard is it for an International student to get into a  German architecture program?

4. I am trying to narrow down the list of schools. Any Suggestions?

Aug 21, 15 4:11 pm
awaiting_deletion

its free. i dropped out of Kansas for one semester after 1 year exchange and was full time. for getting in not sure, I was there a year and knew everyone so it was easy to make the transition. at the time i could of lived off $300 a month, 15 years ago, cant imagine its changed too much ( aldis or plus grocery stores).....hows your German?

Aug 21, 15 10:36 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

oh and went to Dortmund which had a reputation for making employable architects vs say Stuggart - experimental

Aug 21, 15 10:38 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: