Archinect
anchor

Fall 2015 Applicants: M.Arch in the US - Portfolio/GRE/LOR/Other admissions prep/Decisions

architect_hp

Hey all!

Just started this thread so that we could share our thoughts on Fall 2015 admissions. I just finished a B.Arch in India and am planning for an M.Arch II program next fall - planning to get some work experience in the meantime. 

I'm keen on the following schools: GSAPP Columbia, Taubman UMichigan, Pratt, Parsons, RISD Rice

Still thinking whether to apply to any one of these: YSOA Yale, GSD Harvard, Cooper Union, MIT

Applied to Michigan, Berkeley, SCI-ARC and UCinncinati DAAP last fall. First two rejected me...other two I got in :) I decided to try one more time and possibly apply to more schools this time. 

I've done my GRE and gotten a 310 on it. (157 on Quantitative and 153 on Verbal). I'm planning to do it again in October and raise my score by at least 10 points. My GPA is out of a 10-point system so I'm not sure how they'll evaluate it; but I'm guessing it'll come to about 8.3/10 which translates into about a 3.2 or 3.3. I have about a year of experience in the form on two internships in architects' offices.

Started re-working my portfolio from last time. One of my LOR would come from a professor, other one from my ex-employer. Hoping to get the third one from my future employer (looking for a job at the moment). Still need to start on my SOP. 

Any tips, comments or sharing of experiences would be really helpful. Hoping that this process ends well this time round!!

Thanks in advance and best wishes to all fellow applicants!

Aug 20, 15 1:24 am
international_applicant

Hello Harini!

First of all you should move the thread to the academia forum. Secondly, it would be nice if you change the thread name to "2016 M.Arch Applicants Prep/ Commiserate Here", there are posts like that every year. Finally, lets comply with the previous years post with a format like:

25/ F / International (Indian) / 5 years professional experience in urban planning

Applying for M.Arch II

GRE 157  Quantitative / 153 Verbal / 4.0

GPA 8.3/10 | 3.3/4

1 Yr internship experience while in school, Teaching seminar at regional arch school, 1.5 years experience at top render house.

Schools im interested in:

Harvard GSD / Yale / MIT / Cornell / Sci-Arc / Princeton

Portfolio: 30% / (Maybe post a link of your portfolio on issue)

LOR: 70% / Lors: 1 dean, 1 current employer, 1 thesis guide, 1 studio faculty, 1 past employer

SOP:50%

Transcripts:50%

Hope this helps the overall process! Best wishes with your application. I will soon post my response at your thread

Aug 20, 15 6:25 am  · 
 · 

Thank you geo90! I'll make those changes right away! :)

Aug 20, 15 6:42 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: