Archinect
anchor

Portfolio Spreads vs Pages

international_applicant

Hello guys,

I am on my way applying for MArch II programs in the US. Checking some websites I came accross the portfolio section requirements.

Most of the pages cite "Portfolios may be composed of no more than one PDF file, X MB maximum. Total pages submitted may not exceed Y. Cover pages or table of contents do not count toward total pages. Spreads should be combined into one pdf page".

I don't get what is the final number of pages they are looking for. Let's say they ask for a maximum of 30 pages. Does this mean my Pdf file is going to consist of 15 pages (2 spreads each page)? Or 30 pages means 30 spreads?

Thank you in advance

Aug 19, 15 1:31 pm
Non Sequitur

30 pages = 30 pages

Aug 19, 15 1:38 pm  · 
 · 
JeromeS

Your spread should be one page, regardless of size, when compared with your standard sheet size.

Aug 19, 15 1:48 pm  · 
 · 
international_applicant

Not really helping Non Sequitur

The actual question here is if two page "spreads" are counted as one page

Aug 19, 15 1:50 pm  · 
 · 
international_applicant

Thank you for your answer JeromeS.

Sorry if I sound like a complete idiot but I am really confused.

So JeromeS if we say that A3 is the size demanded, I send a Pdf file of 15 spreads A2?

Aug 19, 15 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines

Do two-page spreads ever "count" as one page in a book? A two-page spread is two pages. 

But don't worry about it too much, the number of pages won't be the reason you don't get in.

Aug 19, 15 3:06 pm  · 
 · 
thompson's gazelle

Email admissions. They're usually pretty quick with responses. Based on what you quoted I don't think anyone could clearly understand the requirement.

Aug 19, 15 10:41 pm  · 
 · 
international_applicant

Ok guys thank you very much for your answers!

placebeyondthesplines I share the same view with you but I just wanted to be sure

thompson's gazelle I've already send them the question and I am waiting

Aug 20, 15 4:17 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: