Archinect
anchor

HomeAdvisor.com - does it really generate leads?

tops

I am contemplating on getting the services of HomeAdvisor.com to get new work but I have read bad reviews about how they provide bogus leads.

Could anyone share their experiences with this service?

Aug 19, 15 1:31 pm
null pointer

the leads are pathetic.

they're like: design my whole house! max budget: $5,000.

for further evidence: http://www.homeadvisor.com/cost/architects-and-engineers/hire-an-architect/

Aug 19, 15 1:36 pm  · 
 · 

I wouldn't waste my time with them. I tried it but the leads if any are pathetic. I would make more money for my time selling stock house plans and such then the $2000-$4500 price that is typical.

When $4000 is being paid for a set of plans for a new 2500 sq.ft. house, it is probably a stock plan with customization being done for code compliance and minor changes.

I would do the customization in-house except where an architect license is absolutely necessary for some specific reason. There is no way you would design a new custom designed house from scratch for that little. It takes a considerable amount of time to design a house with all the little details, finishes being employed and everything.

For it to be a money making proposition, using a series of pre-prepared house plans and just making customizations for the client is the only way to go at that median level for a new house.

Or customizing someone else's copyrighted house plans at dubious legality.

Aug 19, 15 1:55 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: