Archinect
anchor

Back to university ...

Hey all,

I am heading back to University to start my Master of Architecture at University of Westminster.

I am just looking at what laptop / PC should I get for my journey. The programs I am mainly using are CAD, Rhino / Grasshopper / 3d Max / Maya and then the adobe packages. 

I am going to buy a PC desktop for sure, I have already picked the one I'm going to get. Its powerful but not top of the range. The question I have is about Mac or PC. I am tempted to buying a Mac with the student discount and also the free beat headphones (which I was planning on buying anyways ) 

the Mac i was looking at is 15inch, 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB Ram, 250gb solid state drive. This would be around 1000/1100 with student discount. I was planning on running the new windows 10 on the mac (which has good reviews), so I could use programs like grasshopper and max on my laptop if I wanted to work in uni. I don't want to be committed to working in my bedroom on my desktop.

Or should I spend 1000 on a PC desktop? Is it stupid to buy a mac and run windows on it? 

http://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=L0F98EA&opt=ABU&sel=NTB

this a PC laptop that I think could work well, but I would like a solid state drive 

Any thoughts welcome please.

Regards,

Tom

Aug 19, 15 11:41 am
Non Sequitur

"Is it stupid to buy a mac and run windows on it? "

Yes. Any well built PC will outpace a MacPro and still be less expensive.

You should move your mouse to the top-right of this page. See that little search box? Search anything resembling "laptops for school" and you'll get your answer.

Aug 19, 15 12:03 pm  · 
 · 
archmpf

Beats headphones are overpriced bass machines with exaggerated low-end and muddled audio quality. No wonder Apple bought them. Look into Grado, Sennheiser or Audio Technica.

Also, get a PC.

Aug 19, 15 3:21 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: