Archinect
anchor

Framing Second Floor

JimBerlin

Our church in Berlin, Germany is remodeling the rooms of a building where we meet. We will use volunteer teams to do the work. We will remove all interior walls except for structural columns and support walls. Then we will build a second floor that will include a balcony along with children rooms. To get an idea of the costs for that floor I need a framing plan. Can anyone help me with an idea of a framing plan with lumber sizes required?

Aug 18, 15 12:08 pm
JeromeS

No!

Aug 18, 15 12:10 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

Please do not ask for free work. It's insulting.

Aug 18, 15 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

call a structural engineer ASAP

Aug 18, 15 12:35 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Leave the church, it clearly has affected your ability to think.

Aug 18, 15 12:51 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

this type of interior change and occupancy isn't something that can be solved online in a few minutes. 

You really need to have someone come out and put some thought what it will take.

Aug 18, 15 2:31 pm  · 
 · 

Start demolition, the Lord will provide!

Aug 18, 15 2:40 pm  · 
 · 
no_form
Putting children's rooms on a second floor with a balcony. And you want to get some crappy sketch or even less, a few notes and numbers from anonymous people on a chat forum?

How totally stupid and reckless can you be? I guess you want all those children to turn into angels. Because when this second floor collapses that's what will happen.
Aug 18, 15 4:40 pm  · 
 · 

Let me guess ... volunteer teams of Turks and Poles?

Aug 18, 15 4:57 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

someone has a lot of spare time.

Aug 18, 15 9:26 pm  · 
 · 
gruen
What goes up must come down.
Aug 18, 15 9:32 pm  · 
 · 
poop876

You should use sky hooks to hang the floor assembly instead of supporting it by columns! 

Aug 19, 15 10:28 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: