Archinect
anchor

Architect suggestion

Katebowen

Could you guys please kindly suggest me an architect that 

1. Has a very strong logic behind everything he/she designed or a very unique and interesting design process.  It could be anyone guys- I need the name so that I could do a further research for my project :) It could be your favorite one. 

2. Anyone that got the same unique style as Philippe Kahn ? 

Thank you so much for your help :)

Aug 13, 15 12:19 pm
Non Sequitur

Who the fuck is Philippe Kahn?

http://www.jimis-cyberstore.com/store/media/khaaaaaan-t-shirt-star-trek-cbs231b.jpg

Aug 13, 15 12:30 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippe_Kahn

Aug 13, 15 12:54 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

^ so, a "software architect"?

Aug 13, 15 12:59 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Frank Lloyd Wright

Aug 13, 15 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

Paolo Soleri

Aug 13, 15 1:08 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

Michael Brady

Aug 13, 15 5:36 pm  · 
 · 

Kanye West.

Aug 13, 15 6:07 pm  · 
 · 

Innovative Architect !

LOL!

Aug 13, 15 6:37 pm  · 
 · 

Katebowen,

Can you explain your project? 

If you are looking for someone to design a building, you'll need an architect / building designer. 

When you referenced Phillipe Kahn, who from known link references is pertaining to a 'software architect'. The training of a software architect does not typically involve training to design buildings. Some individuals may very well have trained themselves in designing buildings and designing software. They are completely and totally unrelated disciplines even though some forms of universal knowledge and skills are transferable but when you get into the meat of either disciplines, they are very different disciplines.

It is like a 'law architect' (ie. house or senate bill author) isn't going to design a house or building any more than a typical software architect. A software architect is trained to plan computer software systems such as the data structure, communication protocol, system wide transaction processes and distribution of software components or modules.

Yet, this person, although intelligent and possibly makes more money a year than us, is probably not going to know how to navigate building systems and structural design of a physical building, spatial planning, experiential design elements to touch the experience of space that the client would want to achieve with the design, or navigate through the zoning, building codes, planning commissions, local/neighborhood politics, and other issues relating to the designing of buildings, alterations or additions to an existing buildings, etc.

So what do you need. There is another Kahn which is particularly known to us, Louis I. Kahn. Our old friend... Louie.

Aug 13, 15 7:06 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

Don't forget his more successful non-relative, albert kahn

Aug 13, 15 8:46 pm  · 
 · 

Oh yes.... thanks for adding Al Kahn.

Aug 13, 15 9:05 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: