Archinect
anchor

Portfolio 2015

Hi everyone! I have started compiling my portfolio for fall 2015.Yea,I know I am little late.It would be nice if someone could provide a constructive criticism for the pages,as I make it.

PS: If you say its horrible,please take a little time to explain why.

I shall be uploading one page at a time.

This draft is not final,but I would like to know if the pages are presentable and if the concept is understood.

Aug 12, 15 10:38 pm
thompson's gazelle

The page you uploaded looks suitable for a cover for goosebumps. Why such color swatch and font with the term "play" furniture on the upper right? Handprints and pictograms look very creepy. The pictograms that seem to describe possible activities on the weird object could at least have a spatial relation to the actual object. And if possible you should upload a spread at a time. The margins are too tight around the edges of the page. And could you unfold and cut the object into pieces and give explanation (along with possible activities) on each significant part of your object in addition to the holistic image? I could go on, but there's just too little information about this particular visually unattractive project on the page, so it makes it very difficult for me to judge otherwise. Sorry if that was harsh or rude, but had to say it to help you.

Aug 13, 15 3:09 am  · 
 · 
Ushasi_Kar

@thompson's gazelle

Thanks a lot for the head start.I am working on the points you suggested.Could you kindly explain "particular visually unattractive project".Rather what makes it so,so that I can do away with it.Is it the color or the shape or maybe because it is incomplete?

I am finding a hard time trying to balance between a sober patch and a visually attractive one.But I will try again and upload complete spreads of the project this time.

Aug 13, 15 4:13 am  · 
 · 
thompson's gazelle

It's more about the color for me. Somehow black/green automatically reminds me of:

monster (the energy drink)

matrix (the movie)

riddler from batman

frankenstein.

It's not a cheerful combination for most people I think. The green could be of a brighter hue if possible. People might disagree with me, but whatever, I think the color choice simply went wrong here especially with the black background. 

Another important thing I feel from the image is that, the rendering is trying too hard to become a real object while it lacks sufficient detail to become one. It's in between a conceptual mass/surface and a realistic furniture-in a really bad way. Ideally you should present both (conceptual and realistic), or at least choose one. I won't comment on formal aesthetics of the project since I think it's almost always a matter of personal taste more than anything. The important thing is what to present and how to do it.

You should also ask other people if you don't get enough feedback online. Hope it helps.

Aug 13, 15 4:46 am  · 
 · 
Salvr

1) Not sure what you are trying to achieve/convey with the handprints 

2) The pictograms just don't work - If you are trying to convey the program at different stretches of the project, then i suggest creating a set of anthropometric sections/axonometric drawings using the project model. Furthermore, there isn't a sense of scale communicated.

3)There are better ways to show different zones of a project than filling the background of the page with shades of dark grey

4) Using pixelated pictograms doesn't reflect positively on you - Overall the page looks extremely lazy 

Aug 13, 15 9:18 am  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines

You're gonna need another year, pal.

Aug 13, 15 11:21 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: