Archinect
anchor

am I on the right track to do my masters?

hello!

Im 20 years old, I am  currently doing my Bachelors of Business Management in India. I am in my final year now ( the program is only for 3 years ) I have done all my education in India . I am working in a firm for about a year now at sales and management department . I also happen to be a US citizen.

I am very much interested to study architecture in the US and work there, I am looking forward to do masters program there.

I have a few questions regarding:

1.  cost : the tuition and living expenses turn out to be really expensive and I cannot burden a lot on my parents for it. how can I apply for scholarships? and what are the eligibility and requirements for it?  If possible could I work while I study to pay my fee. Are there any universities flexible or give out the option to work while studying at the same time?
  2. portfolio : I don't have much to put in my portfolio.  what do I do?
  3. perquisites : what are my perquisites ? considering : I do not have a B.Arc degree , I do not have 16 years of education ( it is just 15 years )  should I take up any program to  cover up that extra one year? and what should that be? and where can I find it? are there any thing that I should learn and know before applying ( just to keep in pace with other students around )?
  4. evaluation of my transcripts : how and where can I get my transcripts evaluated? and is it really necessary to get my transcripts evaluated?
  5. exam : I know that I need to write GRE but, do i need to write TOEFL ( considering that I am an US citizen )?  and are there any other exams that I have to take up?
  6. college : how do i shortlist colleges and on what basis?  I am looking for accredited colleges so that it could get licensed easily!
  7. Application : now considering all these facts and queries when is the right time for me to apply and start my career? 

thank you!

Aug 12, 15 12:29 pm
trecaines

You should check out Sci-Arc in California. I believe they offer a Masters program without any background in Architecture. Here's the link:

http://www.sciarc.edu/portal/programs/graduate/march_1/index.html

Good luck in you endeavours, 

Tré

Aug 12, 15 10:23 pm  · 
 · 
no_form
Pick *specific schools*. *Read* their websites and *call their admissions and financial aid offices.* They will be able to give you the exact information you need.

Good luck fellow US Citizen Manii
Aug 12, 15 11:16 pm  · 
 · 
no_form
Addendum:

Make sure the school is NAAB accredited. Visit NCARB to help find state by state accredited schools.

Good luck!
Aug 12, 15 11:19 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: