Archinect
anchor

DiCaprio, Scorsese to reunite for The Devil in the White City

Roshi

http://www.usnews.com/news/entertainment/articles/2015/08/10/scorsese-dicaprio-to-adapt-devil-in-the-white-city

I loved the book (I'm a Chicagoan) and I love almost everything Leo and Scorsese do together, so I'm definitely looking forward to this. What do you guys think?

Aug 11, 15 1:05 am
drums please, Fab?

OoooohhhH is leo the devil or the white city?!???

Aug 11, 15 2:20 am  · 
 · 

It will likely be a good movie, if one likes Scorcese movies, which I do. But it will also likely focus on the Devil, not on the White City, which makes it less interesting to me. My favorite aspect of the book, and biggest takeaway, was the descriptions of how tirelessly Burnham and Olmstead worked and hustled to get this enormous event to happen. Olmstead traveled on crappy trains something like 30 out of 32 days, with terrible illnesses, to do the work his office was involved in. That's dedication, and a stamina that I don't think many architects have these days.

Aug 11, 15 7:07 am  · 
 · 
JeromeS

read the wiki on HH Holmes. Ugh!

Aug 11, 15 4:25 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: