Archinect
anchor

IDP Hours from Abroad

uh huh

Hi everyone,

I've recently read the IDP guidelines, and it stated that unpaid internships cannot be counted for the hours, though I also read on a forum that if its overseas, it would be ok, though I am not sure if this is true.

My current internship is unpaid, though I was offered a clean, decent place to stay in a rather expensive city in China, which if converted to pay, it is a rather decent pay for interns. My firm is one of the few firms that offer all interns a place to stay for free, though if the intern has already finished undergraduate and is highly qualified, they are also offered an additional, small stipend.

If possible, I would like to count the approximately 400-500 IDP hours for setting O. I would appreciate additional thoughts/answers on this.

Thanks!

Aug 4, 15 11:05 pm
s=r*(theta)

If you got a stipend, u gt paid in my book, so log those hours!!

Aug 4, 15 11:12 pm  · 
 · 

Get a $1 from your boss and have it in contract (independent contractor relationship) and you would legally have been paid - however minimum wage laws in China is a good question but if you are an independent contractor working under supervision then you would bypass minimum wage requirements and as long as you are paid per contract terms, you are paid. NCARB does not define how much you need to make.

Aug 4, 15 11:21 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Quit that shitty office and find a real job with a salary. Your experience is worth nothing if you're not paid.
Aug 5, 15 6:43 am  · 
 · 
Bloopox

If there are particular states in which you are interested in getting licensed, check their requirements directly.  Certain states have their own requirements regarding acceptable internship situations - sometimes these are more stringent than NCARB's rules.  New York in particular has many restrictions above and beyond NCARB's.

Aug 5, 15 12:03 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

ncarb sux.  seriously, no hours for unpaid internships?  it is the Intern development program for christ's sake.  oh well, if you are willing to go to china go get screwed, might as well lube up for ncarb also.

Aug 5, 15 5:30 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: