Archinect
anchor

Help! Advice on starting a career .

PBVetter

Hello forum! 

I need some advice as I'm now starting my career, and I thought maybe somebody could help!

Alright, so I'm now 22yo, I am finishing my 5 year Architecture and Urban Planing course in Brazil,  were I currently live, and will be done by December 2015. As of December I will be moving to NY with my parents,(we are  permanet residents as well). My doubt would be, should I apply for internships as soon as I get to New York, or should I go for a M. Arch?

Jul 30, 15 2:33 pm
s=r*(theta)

Any reason you cant do both???

Jul 30, 15 8:14 pm  · 
 · 
ArchNyen

Start applying to both. See what happens. Then decide from there...

Jul 30, 15 8:48 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

Intern.  Get practical experience.  Work a few 50-80 hr weeks.  Draw stuff that has actual bearing on the real rules of building and learn the fundamentals.  Put a year or two in.  After that make your decision.  Chances are you won't even want to be in the typical architecture game anymore after reality hits.  

Jul 31, 15 6:41 pm  · 
 · 
didoarch

I think that if you are looking for a place where you can learn lots of new thing for your career as an architect, you can check out Ariise. That's what I did last year and it was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life.

Aug 2, 15 11:56 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: