Archinect
anchor

Offices in São Paulo

brasil

I am moving to São Paulo, Brazil soon and I am wondering if anyone can recommend offices that would be good to work at? I have heard of some of the big names such as Isay Weinfeld, Marcio Kogan, Paulo Mendes da Rocha, and Triptyque, but I am more interested in learning about the smaller, more local offices. Obrigada!

Jul 26, 15 2:08 pm
JLC-1

http://www.galvezmarton.com.br/

Jul 28, 15 3:32 pm  · 
 · 
snooker-doodle-dandy

I wonder if moving to Brazil is such a great idea right now....sounds like things are tanking there...Lots of news about how the economy is evaporating and inflation  is roaring like a lion.  If you have lots of dollars in your pocket you might find  yourself vacationing there and spending a lot of time looking at Architecture....but have a feeling  everyone is shrinking at this point in time.

Jul 28, 15 9:05 pm  · 
 · 
Zbig

There are thousands of small architectural firms in São Paulo. Even some of the big names are not large offices.

If you are looking at residential, there is a lot of  cool stuff going on. The elite will always have the money to build, no matter what the economy is doing at a given time.

If you are looking at commercial, this will depend a lot on the economic climate. Big firms grow a lot in good times, but shrink a lot in lean times. Hire-fire-repeat. Some of the smaller commercial firms close and the lead architects go work for less at the big firms.

Jul 29, 15 11:47 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: