Archinect
anchor

Should I put my architectural working drawings into my portfolio ?

Should I put my architectural working drawings into my portfolio ? (apply for architectural graduate schools March 1)

And should I mention them on my personal statement ?

I've worked in china as an architect for two years, but most of my work are architectural working drawings .

Jul 23, 15 12:49 pm
Bloopox

For M.Arch application purposes I would include some in the portfolio, with a brief blurb about where/for what you did these CDs.  I wouldn't go too heavy with them - 1 good plan, an elevation or section, and a few intricate details would be plenty.  If you've worked on construction drawings for projects that have been completed, including photos of those projects would also be appropriate.

Some M.Arch programs ask for a resume, in addition to the personal essay.  If a resume is part of what you'll submit then that would be the best place to mention this experience.  It would depend what your essay is about whether this experience will belong there or not.

Jul 23, 15 1:02 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

^ +1  Excellent advice from Bloopox above.

Jul 23, 15 5:24 pm  · 
 · 
Lisawolfe

Yes you can add space evalution planning portfolio.

Jul 24, 15 5:17 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: