Archinect
anchor

Joint Sealants

Pritchard Stalkins, FUFEE

I'm designing a mixed-use preschool and water treatment plant in coastal Oregon.  I'm not a licensed architect yet so it must to be built in many Exempt freestanding 3990 square foot modules with half inch gaps between them.  The preschoolers will go on the ground floor so as to have code minimum ceiling height because they are short and also as well because sewage doesn't meet the definition of occupants thus no need for ADA on the 2nd floor so to save the client money on braille signs.
I am debating whether those half inch slots between exempt buildings should be efficiently sealed with GE silicone kitchen and bath caulk, or is it better to spec something like latex driveway crack filler because of lower VOCs which is more marketable to parents?  And I just omit Part 3 of the specs since any circus carny knows how to execute a caulk gun.  

Jul 23, 15 1:05 am
no_form
Lol
Jul 23, 15 1:09 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

what about backer rod? no backr rod, any FUFEE would know about backer rod...........is Pritchard a rogoue version of the Balkins bot? not sure whats worse, spending so much time on the internet its doubtful you have a life or emulating that person. off to work!

Jul 23, 15 6:06 am  · 
 · 
chigurh

dumb

richard is annoying at times, but it is really worth the effort to create a fake profile and post bullshit like this?  what a waste of time.  your comments aren't even funny...if you are going to create a fake profile to slander somebody at least bring your A game...if you have one.

Jul 23, 15 9:11 am  · 
 · 

Agreed, the first couple of times you nailed it. Time to move on. Plus Richard doesn't deserve the abuse, he's got a good heart.

Jul 23, 15 9:28 am  · 
 · 
chigurh

never nailed it, the only thing I found slightly amusing was the name, the comments and this post are pandering dribble.  

Jul 23, 15 9:54 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: