Archinect
anchor

Energy software to learn in a rush

Hi

I have a building and I need to make an analisis of it energy-wise and then propose some changes, preferably establishing the biggest problem with the building as it is and then fix it. It is not ideal but I am under time pressure and I just want to know if anyone can recommend me a good software to learn fast in this time of need?

Vasari for revit is easy? My revit skills are not so good now but I will perfect it during the summer but now it is too late. Perhaps I can do it in rhino and then import it? Will it be time for me to learn vasari?

Ecotect is now obsolved into revit i have heard but not sure how well.

Equest seems ok but limited choices?

EnergyPlus seems like a lot of work.

Others!?

Jul 13, 15 6:19 pm
curtkram

sounds like a school project.  you should hire an architect

Jul 13, 15 7:12 pm  · 
 · 
Bench

It depends on the software you're actually building the model in. If you're using Rhino, you can run Diva natively in the software, although I found it cumbersome. More useful will be to add in some 3rd party Grasshopper applications - I found LadyBug very intuitive to use after a few hours of familiarizing myself to the program. Eve Sun sounds promising as well. Of course, these are all dependent on having a solid foundation in understanding Rhino.

On the flip side, if you are using Revit then Vasari seems to be the standard.

Jul 13, 15 9:24 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: