Archinect
anchor

Great Contemporary German Architects

piero1910

I am wondering about good german architects nowadays, I just know few names and one of them just passed away who is Frei Otto. I also know some other names, such as Jurgen Mayer, Behnisch, LAVA, and Gottfried Bohm. So I am not quite familiar with German Architecture nowadays. I do not know if it is as great as it used to be with those big names such as Mies and Gropius. Only Frei Otto and Bohm are very good architects that I know from Germany. I would like you to tell me more names about German Architects who are pretty good because I have seen the most of the great contemporary architecture work in Germany is done by Foreign architects, not by Germans. 

Jul 10, 15 2:45 pm
SneakyPete

I had the pleasure of talking with Stefan Behnisch during my schooling. I quite enjoy his architecture and the architecture of his firm.

http://behnisch.com/

From the website:

Behnisch Architekten was founded in 1989 as a branch office of Günter Behnisch‘s firm, Behnisch & Partner. The “Stadtbüro“, as this branch was called, developed under the leadership of Stefan Behnisch, and in 1991, it became an entirely independent firm, apart from Behnisch & Partner, with its own partnership structure and operations. Günter Behnisch continued to run his practice, Behnisch & Partner, until his retirement and the firm’s closure in 2005. For many years, Günter partnered with Stefan in the new office.

In 2005, after several changes in structure and name, the independent Stadtbüro adopted today`s name, Behnisch Architekten. Under Stefan Behnisch’s leadership, the firm has developed over the last 20 years into a successful international practice with offices in Stuttgart (since 1991), Los Angeles (1999-2011), Boston (since 2006), and Munich (since 2009). All three firms operate under the name of Behnisch Architekten.

Jul 10, 15 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
piero1910

I know that it is good firm, but I am asking for other firms. I knew that firm before you mentioned it. I even included it on the list that I wrote above. I also know Eckhard Bergen and Jurgen Engel because I have seen their two national libraries which are pretty good projects. But I want to more about German architects. I feel that they do not have a great advertisement as other European countries do with their architects. I am probably wrong with it but it is what I think.  

Jul 10, 15 4:37 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: